Star Wars Theme Group Build

Progress has slowed down, but at least still progress
Got some more of the decals on and refined weathering here and there

Did not realize just how any little decals there are. close to 200 not counting the panel decals (I painted instead of using those)

Although did take a big step ahead by actually putting the two saucer halves together. No more interior access except from the battery area and gun turret wells. A kind of scary step because if I forgot something lighting wise there is no going back. No longer can change my mind mind about doing an interior for the cockpit tube and opening the door. Frankly, I never would have finished I went that route

This finally allowed me to get on many of the missing surface greeblies as well

View attachment 121646View attachment 121645View attachment 121648View attachment 121647
The detailing on this is utterly gorgeous. I'm loving every image I see from this one.

I think I'm almost done here myself. I'm just doing some final weathering and detailing here and there. I found a Return Of The Jedi plaque from my old MPC Falcon and I'm painting it up in a chrome silver and I'll seat it on the top of the box.

That box is a $10 wooden box from Officeworks here in Australia which I've primed and coated in 10 layers of a gloss black. The stem is from a $10 K-Mart desk lamp which I butchered for the the stem itself.

I haven't done anything special with the landing gear shots other than to adhere the peices with pieces of Blu Tac. I'll probably display it in flight mode for much of the time.

Going forward, I'd like to include some greeblies for the wing channels and do some more detailing on the undercarriage.

This is the dream build I wanted to achieve. It tested me for sure but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Thank you for your encouragement. It meant a lot to me.

20240811_154247.jpg20240806_130322.jpg
20240811_160000.jpg20240812_124725.jpg20240812_124257.jpg

I think I'm almost done here myself. I'm just doing some final weathering and detailing here and there. I found a Return Of The Jedi plaque from my old MPC Falcon and I'm painting it up in a chrome silver and I'll seat it on the top of the box.

That box is a $10 wooden box from Officeworks here in Australia which I've primed and coated in 10 layers of a gloss black. The stem is from a $10 K-Mart desk lamp which I butchered for the the stem itself.

I haven't done anything special with the landing gear shots other than to adhere the peices with pieces of Blu Tac. I'll probably display it in flight mode for much of the time.

Going forward, I'd like to include some greeblies for the wing channels and do some more detailing on the undercarriage.

This is the dream build I wanted to achieve. It tested me for sure but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

View attachment 121780View attachment 121781
View attachment 121782View attachment 121784View attachment 121785
That build is just way above really cool, I've loved every step of the way and thank you for sharing. If they do any competitions near you that's got to go in for sure. Awesome. PM

Hey all! Been a hot minute since I've been on here. Saw this group build in an email newsletter and thought, "Wow, this could be the motivation I need to actually put one of my kits together!"

But... I wonder how much longer the group build is going to continue? Thanks in advance!

Hey all! Been a hot minute since I've been on here. Saw this group build in an email newsletter and thought, "Wow, this could be the motivation I need to actually put one of my kits together!"

But... I wonder how much longer the group build is going to continue? Thanks in advance!
Feel free to join in. The build will continue as long as people are building. You can continue to add to this thread. There isn't any set closure date.

Nice work Pantherman.

Made some more progress this weekend. I was a dum-dum and forgot to put the guns and head shell on the first time, so the impression was too shallow and there was no relief for the guns. Had to break out the Dremel to make a pit that I could refill and make an impression. I do have to say that Sculptamold is pretty tough. Nice stuff. I also primed, based coated, and gloss coated the model. I ended up using Light Ghost Gray Tamiya Spray.

Mockup_1.jpg

Mockup_2.jpg

Great pose and the snow looks like it really fits

Impressive...most impressive

Grab a kit and start sticking, you're more than welcome. We don't really have time line's, just a general start date. Post plenty of photos please as like to see how it's going. Pantherman

Grab a kit and start sticking, you're more than welcome. We don't really have time line's, just a general start date. Post plenty of photos please as like to see how it's going. Pantherman
Can do! I enjoy documenting my progress, so you'll get plenty of pics and info. I just need to decide if I use this as my motivator for a large project (1/144 Bandai Falcon with lighting, photoetch, and custom stand) which will be a gift to a friend, or if I just finish up my A-Wing that's been languishing for a couple years.

Appreciate you and Tim's encouragement to join!

Can do! I enjoy documenting my progress, so you'll get plenty of pics and info. I just need to decide if I use this as my motivator for a large project (1/144 Bandai Falcon with lighting, photoetch, and custom stand) which will be a gift to a friend, or if I just finish up my A-Wing that's been languishing for a couple years.

Appreciate you and Tim's encouragement to join!
Falcon........doooooooo it. You know that you want too. Pantherman

It is looking amazing, I would say it was more than worth sticking with this build. You did a great job with this build, just enough weathering and the lighting is perfect.

So I have finished the Mandalorian although now looking through the photos there are a few bits that need finishing I think. The instructions say it's done....... but. Pantherman
View attachment 121758View attachment 121759View attachment 121760View attachment 121761
I have been looking over the instructions again as something was bugging me and I have found that I had missed a few parts. I will add them tomorrow and just do some paintwork touching in then will post "the finished" photos. Pantherman

I finally put all *38* individual pieces of piping on this damn thing. Good thing they don't put the designer's contact info on the box or I would fly to Japan and punch them right in the whooo-hah
IMG_5259.jpeg

IMG_5258.jpeg
Some touch up paint and I think a little clay-based wash to finish it up.

perfect amount of weathering for an Imperial ship. looks really nice.

I finally put all *38* individual pieces of piping on this damn thing. Good thing they don't put the designer's contact info on the box or I would fly to Japan and punch them right in the whooo-hah
View attachment 121957

View attachment 121958
Well worth it the effort though as it looks great. Pantherman

View attachment 121957

View attachment 121958
This looks excellent! The chef's kiss! Well done!!

Latest posts

Back