Star Wars Theme Group Build

Bit more done, most of the detail painting is done, just got to finish the top section.

Now here is where I am looking for some help. I think I would like to finish this without any weathering and I would like to display it in flight, any ideas on how to make a stand would be welcome.

I will then build the same slave 1 but with all the weathering and on the ground so although both are the same model they should look different.

What do you all think? Pantherman
View attachment 120553View attachment 120554View attachment 120555View attachment 120556View attachment 120557View attachment 120558View attachment 120559
I will take some picture of the stand that came with mine along with some measurements tonight.
The other thing you could do is glue a nut on the back and mount it to a bent rod (with threading on the end) and mount that to a flat base. That type of stand you would be able to have it at an angle instead of straight up and down.

This part here, spent some time detailing only to realize you don't see much in the end
View attachment 120582
View attachment 120585

also started painting/weathering on the mandibles and bottom gun well

View attachment 120586
View attachment 120587
View attachment 120591
View attachment 120593
View attachment 120592
View attachment 120588
View attachment 120590
View attachment 120589
I tend to do the same thing but most times I know it won't be seen.

Everything is looking great.

Lining the engine area with aluminium foil and building the mounts for my "engines" (courtesy of Light My Bricks). For the mounts, I cut a 5mL syringe in half, primed the halves then glued aluminium foil onto them the mounted them into the engine area - lining them up with the exhaust ports. I then glued the light bars in place and ran the wires back to the 2 expansion boards which I've glued in place. I've installed the landing lights in place and the wing lights are in place as well.

Here's a question for the group - should I have the landing lights on the flashing circuit or should I leave them static?

I'm happy with the engine test so far. Still waiting on my Shapeways engine inserts.

1000019317.jpg

1000019319.jpg

1000019674.jpg

1000019843.jpg

1000019673.jpg

Lining the engine area with aluminium foil and building the mounts for my "engines" (courtesy of Light My Bricks). For the mounts, I cut a 5mL syringe in half, primed the halves then glued aluminium foil onto them the mounted them into the engine area - lining them up with the exhaust ports. I then glued the light bars in place and ran the wires back to the 2 expansion boards which I've glued in place. I've installed the landing lights in place and the wing lights are in place as well.

Here's a question for the group - should I have the landing lights on the flashing circuit or should I leave them static?

I'm happy with the engine test so far. Still waiting on my Shapeways engine inserts.

View attachment 120621

View attachment 120622

View attachment 120623

View attachment 120624

View attachment 120625
Nice work. Looks like the studio model.

View attachment 120621

View attachment 120622

View attachment 120623

View attachment 120624

View attachment 120625
For the landing light, I would say it depends how many. If they were white I would prolly leave them static, if you had 2 or 3 red ones maybe a slow flash.

I thought I would make a start on my Mandalorian so hope it's OK with you all if I add this to the group build ?

I decided to spray the silver coloured parts in chrome, think it looks much better. Pantherman
View attachment 120654View attachment 120655View attachment 120656View attachment 120658View attachment 120659View attachment 120660

View attachment 120657
That's a nice kit, I put one together last year and the cape threw me a little. I haven't gotten around to painting mine yet. The Grogu kit is a nice add to this one as it come with two scale sizes. The one in the phram is scaled to this size and looks good beside him.

Enjoy the build!

Finally got a little more done. First round of masking and the first layer of green sprayed very lightly on hull and skirt. The cockpit is mostly finished except for touching up the pieces that hold Boba in to be able to pivot based on orientation of ship. Slave I (13).jpgSlave I (14).jpgSlave I (15).jpg

Panther, I forgot to look for the base last night. I put a reminder in my phone for tonight. Sorry bout that.

Finally got a little more done. First round of masking and the first layer of green sprayed very lightly on hull and skirt. The cockpit is mostly finished except for touching up the pieces that hold Boba in to be able to pivot based on orientation of ship. View attachment 120672View attachment 120673View attachment 120674

Panther, I forgot to look for the base last night. I put a reminder in my phone for tonight. Sorry bout that.
No worries, thanks. PM

Here you got Panther, the PDF I traced the pieces and scanned it. Hopefully you can download it and print it, altho you will need to change scale. The MPC is around 1:84 scale and I think yours is 1:144, if I remember correctly. I just remembered I have a Fine Mold 1:144 that may come with a stand. If you like I can open that tonight and do the same as hopefully you wouldn't need to scale it to size then. I'm sure it would also be a different design if there is.

1000001372.jpg

1000001373.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240723_0001.pdf
    80.9 KB · Views: 3
Here you got Panther, the PDF I traced the pieces and scanned it. Hopefully you can download it and print it, altho you will need to change scale. The MPC is around 1:84 scale and I think yours is 1:144, if I remember correctly. I just remembered I have a Fine Mold 1:144 that may come with a stand. If you like I can open that tonight and do the same as hopefully you wouldn't need to scale it to size then. I'm sure it would also be a different design if there is.

View attachment 120725

View attachment 120726
Thanks, that's really helpful. PM

Latest posts

Back