Tamiya??

Big Red Bull

Guys, why is it that theres not a bottle of tamiya extra thin glue, or any of there flat acylics, to be found in this country? Whats up?
Thanks Tom

There is a issue regarding chemical labeling, and there was a recall/hold. I' m sure Scott from Elm City hobbies can explain in more detail.

Yeah, as Whiskee says, labeling issue that has been on going since March.

No Spray Primer, no glue, no bottle paint, and maybe others, available in the US until they get the labeling issue sorted out. They have been promising restocks for months....now it is pretty much just a running joke.

Funny enough....they are still available in Canada from suppliers, as the only labeling issue here is making sure the warnings are in both English and French.

Ive found some Tam items in china on ebay, is this stuff good? its the green lid extra thin.
Thanks for the imfo though.

Tom

Big Red Bull said:
Ive found some Tam items in china on ebay, is this stuff good? its the green lid extra thin.
Thanks for the imfo though.

Tom

I am sure it is all the same.

I have both the green cap X-thin and the white cap regular Tamiya cements in stock...just nervous shipping it outside the borders. Don't need the RCMP followed by Homeland Security crawling up my butt with a microscope all for a bottle of glue! LOL

i have always wanted to try some Tamiya extre thin cement, getting tired of the Testors tube glue... its ok but with a pair of tweezers i can probably do better with the Tamiya extra thin.

I picked up a new bottle a couple weeks ago at one of the big online megahobby type stores.
it has a label wrapped over the original label, but it's still the same mint green look, with lots of warnings on 2 sides. I like it because it reacts just a tiny bit slower than proweld.

Ace,
Testors does make a liquid cement that, while it may not be quite up to par with the Tamiya, does work really well.
I've used it all the time on my own builds, ever since I got it for working on the NSEA Protector

13aceofspades13 said:
i have always wanted to try some Tamiya extre thin cement, getting tired of the Testors tube glue... its ok but with a pair of tweezers i can probably do better with the Tamiya extra thin.

In 24 years if building models the best thing I ever did was throw away the "orange tube". Extra thin works different and requires a different approach to gluing pieces together which in turn improved my overall model building skills. Ace if you have never used it before, it can seem tricky at first but soon you will never want to go back to Testors. I am also starting to think it actually goes alot further, i have been using the same bottle for months now and barely put a dent in it.

Quaralane said:
Ace,
Testors does make a liquid cement that, while it may not be quite up to par with the Tamiya, does work really well.
I've used it all the time on my own builds, ever since I got it for working on the NSEA Protector

i willl have to invest in that.

whiskee said:
13aceofspades13 said:

In 24 years if building models the best thing I ever did was throw away the "orange tube". Extra thin works different and requires a different approach to gluing pieces together which in turn improved my overall model building skills. Ace if you have never used it before, it can seem tricky at first but soon you will never want to go back to Testors. I am also starting to think it actually goes alot further, i have been using the same bottle for months now and barely put a dent in it.

looks like i will be doing the same soon.

whiskee said:
I am also starting to think it actually goes alot further, i have been using the same bottle for months now and barely put a dent in it.

Wish I could say the same... lol

Once during the contruction of the Jagdpanther I accidently knocked over a nearly new bottle of Tamiya Extra thin, spilling at least half the bottle onto my work surface... Cleaned up as much as I could before the fumes really got to me. Then just last week while workign on the Sufa, did it again. So the new bottle I opened up to start work on the JP is now only a quarter full in a little over a months time.
\

We too are starting to feel the squeeze on Tamiya supplies in Australia. Just last weekend I could not buy X20A from a large Hobby Shop in my Home Town.
The guys are right about Tamiya Extra Thin Glue...It revolutionized my model making. I thought those precision tip bottles were the "bees knees" until I discovered Extra Thin. Hardly use anything else now.
cheers,
FW190

you cant beat the liqued cement, i use humbrol loqued polly and a beat up paint prish because teh pne that comes with it is too big and you only need a tiny bit of it, i never used it before until i saw kens vid on it and i was realy impressed with how it worked.

man i seem to have learnt a lot from kens vids ;D

So let me get this right??? The Tamiya products cant be shipped to the us distribitors because the label does not say in english,,, DO NOT EAT! Pleaseeeee. LOL!!

More to it than just that, but essentially yes.

Something to do with labeling in California, and since that is where Tamiya USA is located, then they have to comply to California law.

Big Red Bull said:
So let me get this right??? The Tamiya products cant be shipped to the us distribitors because the label does not say in english,,, DO NOT EAT! Pleaseeeee. LOL!!

LOL, but there are people who are not bright enough to understand this....

Elm City Hobbies said:
More to it than just that, but essentially yes.

Something to do with labeling in California, and since that is where Tamiya USA is located, then they have to comply to California law.

I knew California had something to do with this!!!

How come all hobby stuff is known to the state of California to cause cancer? I swear Everything I have bought at hobby store says that.

Most of the importers that bring stuff in from Asia are in California, Tamiya, DragonUSA, Merit Intl (AFV Club, among others).

California has the strictest rules for items like that, if it passes in Cali, it is good for the rest of the country.

Not sure why it may only cause cancer in California and not other places.....not really much concern as walking down the street in the sunlight can cause cancer anywhere.

I just take it that the people running California have a different definition of reality than the rest of us do.....

Latest posts

Back