What are your other hobbies?

When the weather is fine, I love getting out on the water in my 14 foot Sparrow class sailing yacht. I've been sailing this boat since I was 12 years old and it's one of my favourite things to do. My Sparrow was built back in the mid 60's and I've done a bit of work to it over the years. I love it.

20240401_101137.jpg20240401_101214.jpg20240401_101935.jpg20240303_101815.jpg

Oh... So many. Pursing to 'learn' the mechanics of digital photography [after 60+ yrs of shooting film] - Exploring and 'seeing' the Gem State, since moving here - Being a 'poppa', to my Grandkids - Consuming/reading more 'history'; especially, about our new 'digs' - Ordering up and making this 'new' house, our's - AND last, but not least [most important for me] since 'ol Man Winter's around the corner; laying out and re-building a 'new' man cave/hobby room, from scratch, here and getting ready to start building... This time around, Poppa's gotta make it 'do-able', for a 9 yr old and up-n-coming 3 yr old, for the work area. I am realizing, I am not as 'fast' as I used to be, and there have been alot of "honey do's", since the move last August. AND I got rid of alot of furniture/hardware/stuff, from the old man cave [man, I wish now, I hadn't dumped so many book cases...]. Oh, well - Life's always an ADVENTURE and always INTERESTING, now isn't it? Any-who'ists, that kinda sorta some of my interests. - Ed

I have a few antique bicycles I own and ride. I also enjoy working on them. First one is a 1946 tall frame Rollfast. Next is a 1955 Schwinn Spitfire, 1948 CWC Roadmaster and last one is a 1941 Columbia tanker. All joys to ride specially the Roadmaster. I have a couple of 1970s Schwinns also.

IMG_9552.jpegIMG_7863.jpegIMG_7655.jpegIMG_7580.jpeg

Reigning favorite is a Seuss Schmidt Rubin G11 I bought a couple years ago. Found a load she likes and now she doesn't know how to miss!
Nice, for rifles, I'm a gas gun guy. Used to shoot a ton of Service Rifle Matches.

Being a grumpy old b**tard at work. Just kidding. I used to be into gaming online and belonged to an online gaming squad called The HalfBreeds thru Delta Force 2 game. Another hobby I used to be involved in is sports card collecting. I quit that hobby a long time ago in early 2000s.

I am a retired php programmer so i still do web software coding on the side as a hobby. I also tried to learn to play the guitar (purchased one) but i cant even play the first note, my fingers just dont bend that way. Not sure if im giving up too early or just lost interest. I also enjoy gardening, fishing, and working in my shop doing misc projects.

East Texas summers are brutal so i have not even been in my shop for 3 months, just too dang hot and humid. But nice weather is just around the corner and end of sep to jan is so beautiful here. I wont be inside much during that time.

I am also restoring an old bass tracker boat, replacing the floor foam and the whole floor, its a huge job.

I am a retired php programmer so i still do web software coding on the side as a hobby. I also tried to learn to play the guitar (purchased one) but i cant even play the first note, my fingers just dont bend that way. Not sure if im giving up too early or just lost interest. I also enjoy gardening, fishing, and working in my shop doing misc projects.

East Texas summers are brutal so i have not even been in my shop for 3 months, just too dang hot and humid. But nice weather is just around the corner and end of sep to jan is so beautiful here. I wont be inside much during that time.

I am also restoring an old bass tracker boat, replacing the floor foam and the whole floor, its a huge job.
Keeping busy then.......Pantherman

Myself though about picking up bass guitar, I realized too many other hobbies, fishing, shooting, reloading, building, and reading. Just not enough time with a full time job.

Latest posts

Back