What are your other hobbies?

Myself though about picking up bass guitar, I realized too many other hobbies, fishing, shooting, reloading, building, and reading. Just not enough time with a full time job.
I have played guitar for over 50 years. I also have played keyboard for over 10 years. I like to compose, play, record, and mix my own music. I also study Chess regularly. Been playing since 8th grade. I read a lot, fish (not as much as I used to), spend time with my grandsons, hooked on open world RPG video games, and love to spend weekends watching College and Pro football. I also like to draw, but am not very good at it. It is just fun to mess with.

@Dminor9 question, since you have played guitar for so long, sorry this seems like a dumb question. I am guessing that the finger movements to play are not natural, is that true? It actually bothers my wrist.

I went through a gaming phase years back, was big into 1st person shooters like battlefield and the like. Also got into some space games as well, have lots of games just dont play them much anymore.

@Dminor9 question, since you have played guitar for so long, sorry this seems like a dumb question. I am guessing that the finger movements to play are not natural, is that true? It actually bothers my wrist.

I went through a gaming phase years back, was big into 1st person shooters like battlefield and the like. Also got into some space games as well, have lots of games just dont play them much anymore.
I wouldn't necessarily say that. I started playing before I was seven years old. So I really do not remember that being a problem. It is harder to learn the older you get. I don't think playing any instrument is a natural movement of the hands or arms. It just takes practice and staying with it. As with anything, the more you do it, the better you get at it. Stringed instruments are probably the hardest to learn as it takes two movements to make one sound. As opposed to keyboards or drums etc. which one movement creates sound. But they still take practice and a good ear. I am lucky to have a great ear for music and sound.

Latest posts

Back