1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

oh wow that would be a challenge to make a head like that

Would be....I can't find a pic of the back of his head anywhere...

It would need a tiny wire armature of it's own maybe...ah Aves could do it.

ill look forward to seeing what ever you come up with

Scott Girvan said:
I can't find a pic of the back of his head anywhere...

Here's a pic of a Quarren from the back. There's probably a very good reason no one takes pictures of the back of his head. I'm not going to say what I think this looks like. :-X

100_3352.jpg

LOL looks like you wont have to go far for refrence :p

Igard! Thanks man. Would you mind posting pics of the side as well?

Perfect.

SCOTT,

Cool lookin' pilot figures !! These will do nicely !! I agree that th Fem-X-Winger with th Saber is Yummy !!

Great Idea on th Crane Crawler - covering th Wheels !! ;D

Moved forward another step tonight. I have read that Sherman tracks didn't sag much...but this aint a Sherman. ;)

2531.jpg

Of course I had to shorten the tracks. Getting them back together is proving to be a trick. Tried CA. No dice.
So I drilled 4 small holes and tied the ends together with wire.

There must be a better solution?

2532.jpg

This may sound stupid, but could you heat up the ends and weld them together? Assuming they are plastic.

Not stupid at all.

They are off the rubber variety. Not sure if it will work but I can do a test on one of the left over pieces. Worth a try.

Tracks are looking.. well on track!

Scott Girvan said:
Igard! Thanks man. Would you mind posting pics of the side as well?

Perfect.

Not my pics, just a quick google image search yielded that beautiful image.

Can't find any side on pics of the figure, but here's a screenie from RotJ that gives you a good idea of the depth of this guys big head.

starwars_forgottenheroes_extras_10_288x288.jpg

That will do. Thanks.

A quick search! I looked for like 30 minutes and didn't find nothing of the back. Good one Igard!

You're welcome Scott. :)

Took me less than 2 minutes for each search. I typed 'Quarren figure' into google, then hit 'images'.

Yup, cool schtuff!
This whole scene will be very kewl when finished.
It's nice to watch it come together. :)

Scotty thinks........ Scotty does! Where will this lead us? No one knows!

But for sure it will be a good show!

Scott Girvan said:
Moved forward another step tonight. I have read that Sherman tracks didn't sag much...but this aint a Sherman. ;)

2531.jpg

Of course I had to shorten the tracks. Getting them back together is proving to be a trick. Tried CA. No dice.
So I drilled 4 small holes and tied the ends together with wire.

There must be a better solution?
2532.jpg

SCOTT,

Run down to th Hard Ware store & grab some PVC cement- It'll be in th Plumbing Isle. Up there it still Might be made By Oatey - Green Label ( buy th smallest can They have & use a tooth pick to put th Glue on with ). It should Glue those Trax together !! If that doesn't work shoot Me a Message & I think I can source ya' some Dragon Sherman Magic Trax & you'd be able to lose those Rubber band trax

2 part Epoxy glue should work also it will take Hours to dry tough. Araldite is one such Epoxy 2 part. but what panzerace said should work

Not to put down any body suggestions about gluing this tracks !!!

My take on this.... would be to Put the Stitches on top... and have a shroud or Ladder or Step side or
maybe a fender of side panel covering that very area.... doesn't have to be huge ! just enough to draw attention away from the track.. behind it !!!

anyway... good luck with this... Looks like you are moving right along.... which is great !
too bad about the firebird !!! LOL

Latest posts

Back