1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Should have some by the end of the weekend - I'm back in it again.

Busy days - those that just past.

I am working on finishing the wings...then onto the landing gear.

Here is a pic of the 'hero' wing. I detailed that tank tread thing with styrene bits. The rivets are the bristle tips cut off of a dollar store hair brush.

This one is below the damaged wing that is being removed by the crane. On the other side of the X the wings are closed and therefore do not require the inner detailing.

3326.jpg

*Note to self: Tomorrow, go to pound shop and get a hair brush. Use the tips to make rivets with.*

Looks great Scott. ;)

Thanks guys.

A bit more tonight. I've decided to open the panels on the top port intake/engine. I started to kitbash the guts. Bit more to do on this but almost done...this part. Stretched sprue and spare box stuff.

3345t.jpg

3346t.jpg

3347t.jpg

Looks good, engines should have a lot of plumbing and other such bits....

Cool! We get to see the inards of an X-Wing engine. Really nice job.

Thanks guys. Yes, plumbing...still need to add more. I'm finding there is a fine line between believable and simply too much stuff crammed in.

More tonight if the sun don't shine.

Here's a nice reference - looks like a podracer to me:

Jet%20Engine.jpg

I'm gonna need more stretched sprue!

2230095723_024a91481a_o.jpg

wow those engine reference pics are sooo over the top!!! you gunna take it that far? If so hell yehh! If not i wouldnt either!

Incredible pieces of engineering there. Probably a bit too OTT for Star Wars though. Did I just say that? You know what I mean. ;D

Thanks guys. I don't plan on going as far as those reference but I'm not done yet...

At 1/35 there's room for quite alot of detail.

I think I'm done this bit. Stuff from cars, tanks, helicopter, ships, brass mesh, you name it. Time to move on to the damaged wing.

3349.jpg

3350.jpg

3351.jpg

3352.jpg

Latest posts

Back