1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Yeah, Hackcore's hangar. Impressive eh? At 1.72 it's amazing.

You see the arm in this shot? I'm thinking having that kindof, but on a low riding truck.

7.jpg

Just incredable, his work has inspired tons of my builds even the outrider im working on now. A crane like that in 1/35 would look fantastic.

Wow, that hanger dio is too cool for school! I still like your rough line sketch best of all Scott. But, like I said before, I'm sure whatever you end up with will rock!! That's the nice thing about the sci-fi/fantasy side of the hobby, no build or take is "wrong". A person can do what pleases them. Keep us posted!!

if i was building a crane for a dio like that ild go with Solid Rubber tyres, you can tear chunks out of them and not worry, and they also look better on a heavy lifting crain.

duno if you would like that idea but an other one for you to concider or dismiss :)

Spud, that's a great idea. I read this earlier and checked my tank kits and don't have anything the right size. :(

Starting on this tonight. The basic structure is the rear end of a 1/43 Peterbilt tow truck. Tires are from a BMW. Hubcaps are roadwheels off a Sherman (sanded thin) and a few items from the greeblie box. Still a ton to do on this one. Gotta get the wheels aligned too.

All comments and critiques encouraged.

2525.jpg

2526.jpg

2527.jpg

Yip, looks like a place to start.

EDIT: Suggestion - Maybe take off the metal grip pattern on the floor?

SCOTT,

WoW ! Somehow I missed a couple of pages in this thread ! I like that Flat Bed ... Scott ! What if you Build 2 of those Platforms & it's the base for a Gantry Crane. Like from th pix above. Where each "truck" would be on either side of the X-Wing & the Structure would straddle th X-Wing with a Pick-Hook that could move east-West of the Ship ? I would also add some outriggers ?

Scratch that ... This is one in 1/35th & is made by MIG Productions - http://migproductions-usa.com/european-harbour-railway-cargo-crane.html

35114.jpg

I thought it might cut down on th Scratch building time & you could put it on that Flat Bed ??

wow that mig crane is a costly bugger isnt it

i was thinking you prob would need either tiger or Panther wheels they would need some work but they might be the right size. ??

Might be. I've already got too much in this project and I'm just going to try and finish with what I have on hand.

Must be my OCD but the more I look at Hackcore's crane in that previous hangar dio the less I think my version is cool. One big stationary droid lifting / rigging crane might be cooler... I usually tend to get hung up on things like this. Gonna push through and finish something!

Things could always be tweaked or changed a bit once you see the dio coming together. You're making great strides here on this! Keep her rollin' along brother!!

Yup what he said, dont let the idea of the crane get in the way of the x wing build, and after looking at refrence pics its always a 'scafolding criss cross' kind of structure but I do like what you say about a 'stationary droid lifter' (ha I love how we are trying to make up star wars words).

Sure looks like you are building the entire Dio all at once.... how's the work on the X-wing progressing ??

looks good what ever I can see of it in the background !

Later !

Yeah Norm, I kinda am building it all at once. X-Wing is moving forward too. I haven't taken pics but I have the wings just about finished.

As far as my obsessing over Starwars cranes go. I found these pics. In the old Snap Rebel Base kit there are a couple of small cranes. They are on tracks. There aren't many wheeled vehicles in starwars but there are several tracked vehicles. I"m thinking Sandcrawler as one. Treadwell droid...

Maybe that Sherman tank could get put to better use..?? Note the tracked yellow crane in this pic. (Not that it's canon, lol.)

rebelbase004.jpg

im sure you could make a wicked Crane from a sherman base

Latest posts

Back