by way of introduction

Paul thanks for sharing the beautiful subjects again. I thought I would never see these again.

Ok young man you're not done yet. Get to posting.
I am new here as are many others, but we must understand this is a long-standing site/forum/community.

I see there are WIP threads for several categories, but we should consider having a "finished" section as well. If each post was about a subject matter, it would aid others in searching for details or "how to" questions.

If that has been considered and rejected, so be it.

Last edited:
Edbert put your arms around it hug it love it if you'd have seen what they did to our old site I love it here easy to use like the old one was and friendly members ,the old was friendly but became to awkward to use im to old now to start to learn to ride a bike again. Dave

I am new here as are many others, but we must understand this is a long-standing site/forum/community.

I see there are WIP threads for several categories, but we should consider having a "finished" section as well. If each post was about a subject matter, it would aid others in searching for details or "how to" questions.

If that has been considered and rejected, so be it.
I thought that was the idea behind the category - you would present your work and workmanship as you go along aka WIP. And that is where others can pick up ideas and solutions along with inspiration for their model projects.

But if your idea is that we sit in a corner and build the latest EdTamHasRev kit offering and then take some photo's and present them here - how utterly boring....

I want to see and comment on how X was fitted into Y to get to Z, to take in the atmosphere of watching something from a box be created into a work of art and not just "Well, guys, here it is, just shook the box and threw in some paint and glue and just look at what came out...." Drip! drip!

Does there need to be a category for completed models? Does there need to be a category for how to dip a brush into the paint, because that is how silly it can get, and it did on the last forum, we even had a humour section, two chit-chat sections and on and on, BUT lord help you if you made a funny comment or brought up another but relevant subject - castigation would follow... Actually I found it a chore to complete the model mounted on the base, present it as the end result of the build sequence, and then (groan) have to take more, or attach the same photo's and put them in the 'Completed' section, where anyone with half a brain cell has just looked at the finished item in the build section....

So do I want a completed section - No! the reason being is that if I spot or want to look at a certain part and its creation I can just scroll back through the build and there it is question answered....

But if this is the opinion of the majority, that they do not like to see WIP but just the finished item, then I wonder what I am actually doing here.... I can just cut around the picture on the front of the box and go "Here guys, this is what it will look like - enjoy...." And when some member asks how I did something on the model, do I answer or do I just ignore - sorry but it is not in my dna to ignore....

Sorry to take over your post Paul.

Last edited:
I thought that was the idea behind the category - you would present your work and workmanship as you go along aka WIP. And that is where others can pick up ideas and solutions along with inspiration for their model projects.

But if your idea is that we sit in a corner and build the latest EdTamHasRev kit offering and then take some photo's and present them here - how utterly boring....

I want to see and comment on how X was fitted into Y to get to Z, to take in the atmosphere of watching something from a box be created into a work of art and not just "Well, guys, here it is, just shook the box and threw in some paint and glue and just look at what came out...." Drip! drip!

Does there need to be a category for completed models? Does there need to be a category for how to dip a brush into the paint, because that is how silly it can get, and it did on the last forum, we even had a humour section, two chit-chat sections and on and on, BUT lord help you if you made a funny comment or brought up another but relevant subject - castigation would follow... Actually I found it a chore to complete the model mounted on the base, present it as the end result of the build sequence, and then (groan) have to take more, or attach the same photo's and put them in the 'Completed' section, where anyone with half a brain cell has just looked at the finished item in the build section....

So do I want a completed section - No! the reason being is that if I spot or want to look at a certain part and its creation I can just scroll back through the build and there it is question answered....

But if this is the opinion of the majority, that they do not like to see WIP but just the finished item, then I wonder what I am actually doing here.... I can just cut around the picture on the front of the box and go "Here guys, this is what it will look like - enjoy...." And when some member asks how I did something on the model, do I answer or do I just ignore - sorry but it is not in my dna to ignore....

Sorry to take over your post Paul.
Yeah ,
that .

Latest posts

Back