Can anyone comment on "GWH" (Great Wall Hobby)

Edbert

I'd like to get a P-40 into my on-deck circle, and of course want the highest quality possible under ~$125 USD.

1/48 is my tradition, and most of my cabinet, but I'm really digging the 1/32s lately if the kit is REALLY good.

Looks like most of the 1/32 P-40s are old except this one (below) and I do not trust, nah...I have never heard of GWH.

1728870247123.png

Hey @Down Time are they any good? (the instructions would suggest yes)

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/great-wall-hobby-l3201-curtiss-hawk-81-a2-flying-tigers--1169896

But this over $150, which also says yes.

Yeah, that price is pretty nasty, even for a top quality kit. I bought the Zoukei Mori (sp?) 1/32 on sale and it was still slightly over $100.

I guess it is no wonder that few people have experience with them. But thanks for the reply, much more helpful to hear from a forum member than some youtuber, and most of those links were to "unboxing" videos which I've never found helpful. Scalemates tell me what is in the box, I want to know how it fits together with glue and paint :)

My issue with most of the P40 kits is they are pretty old molds, I'm too old to want to fight with a sloppy kit.

Yeah, that price is pretty nasty, even for a top quality kit. I bought the Zoukei Mori (sp?) 1/32 on sale and it was still slightly over $100.

I guess it is no wonder that few people have experience with them. But thanks for the reply, much more helpful to hear from a forum member than some youtuber, and most of those links were to "unboxing" videos which I've never found helpful. Scalemates tell me what is in the box, I want to know how it fits together with glue and paint :)

My issue with most of the P40 kits is they are pretty old molds, I'm too old to want to fight with a sloppy kit.
I find those unboxing videos to be.....trying to be nice here.....oh I'll just say this....STUPID. I guess in the minds of those that make them they must think they are the first person to ever open a box. They are useless. We all know what comes in a model kit.

Latest posts

Back