humber mk.1 scout car

well repainted it just wasn't with the colour and yes the wheel is wonky another problem with the kit will fix when i have finished this post

SAM_2066.jpg
SAM_2065.jpg
SAM_2064.jpg
SAM_2069.jpg
and here is the wheel problem
SAM_2068.jpg
SAM_2067.jpg

Oh yeah that color is even better. This is really shaping up nicely. And I am not even an allied vehicle fan.
Great work. Looking forward to the endresult.

spud your kit is easy and quick and this sod is long and slow yes its the kit that keeps fighting back got the transfers on today but there the ones you rub and thats created all sorts of problems

SAM_2083.jpg
SAM_2081.jpg

and here in lays the problem
SAM_2085.jpg
went to pull the backing of the transfer and it pulled the sodding paint off!!!!!!

SAM_2086.jpg
SAM_2088.jpg
SAM_2084.jpg
dont buy skp should be called SKIP

Looks great otherwise.
Keep it up.

Cheers,

Bill

I feel your pain there. What paint did you use? I ran accross a similar problem when I did the oil dot thingy on my PAK 43 and pretty much wiped the paint straight off a piece of the gun shield which I had to repaint. I used MIG's paint which is the same as Vallejo and I have always found that brand very fragile when it comes to the paintlayer.
For the best part of my modelling I have Airbrushed with Tamiya with a few drops of X22 in the mix nice smooth finish and a nearly indestructible paintlayer.

It is a bit of a satback for your model but luckily it is on a part of the vehicle that is easily masked off and resprayed. You have come so far don't let it slip now. The endresult will be awesome.

G, take your time you've done so much on the kit... it would easy for you to fix the problem

cheers, mate!!

ER

cheers for the encouragement lads im dealing with the problem as i tap will get some pics up soon thanks again

I'm impressed that youve kept going after all the issues on this build! Fair play to you, im patient but your patience is legendary

I know you wont let this one break you, great work my friend

Hey G

I've been following along, sorry for not leaving a comment before now :-\ a bit lazy on my part.

Anywho, the Humber is looking real sweet in her war colors. that pre-shade you did looks awesome there. Now with a little dirt and grim she will be all dressed up!! 8)

Keep up the Outstanding Work there buddy!! :D

got the third disaster sorted and the first wash

SAM_2093.jpg
SAM_2094.jpg
SAM_2095.jpg
SAM_2096.jpg
SAM_2097.jpg
SAM_2099.jpg
SAM_2103.jpg
and a tommy gun with a bit of wood overspill
SAM_2105.jpg

Latest posts