i got tamiya glue on my clear plastic

looking better. It also had paint and glue mixed. Most of that came off by scrubbing with qtip with alchohol on it by hand. Once that was off i realized a qtip fits perfect in my tool so that makes things faster.

20241001_223618.jpg20241001_230607.jpg

Here are the glues i have in the house. I also have wood glue, gorilla glue, and loctite extreme, shoe goo and similar glues in shop.

20241001_232135.jpg

My apology but i have never heard of pva glue.

Last edited:
Do not tape the plastic before using solvent glue, if it gets under the tape the mess will be twice as bad. PVA is the better solution or Gorilla clear...

Just a tip for you, dip your clear parts in pledge before masking. Then if you get anything on them you can strip off the pledge and start over. That is if whatever you got on it won't penetrate the pledge, it also helps prevent fogging. So far I've had no issues doing it this way. Now dipping the clear parts is the first step of my build, so I don't forget.

" My apology but i have never heard of pva glue. "
That's the Elmer's Glue All
" polyvinyl acetate "
All the white glues and yellow wood glues are PVA or PVAc , the c being a compound monomer with a vinyl alcohol mixed with the vinyl acetate ( yes , I know , eye glaze )

this is good stuff , dries completely clear and higher adhesion on plastic over Elmer's ,
https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...t=2&u=0&pg=2&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber_a&so=d&e=0
It is also a PVAc

looking better. It also had paint and glue mixed. Most of that came off by scrubbing with qtip with alchohol on it by hand. Once that was off i realized a qtip fits perfect in my tool so that makes things faster.

View attachment 125835View attachment 125836

Here are the glues i have in the house. I also have wood glue, gorilla glue, and loctite extreme, shoe goo and similar glues in shop.

View attachment 125839

My apology but i have never heard of pva glue.
Hi PVA is white glue , normally used for woodwork also called Polyvinyl Adhesive. Great when mixed with water to make a suitable spray for applying static grass. I would use rubbing alcohol first again mixed with water to release the surface tension for that .

" My apology but i have never heard of pva glue. "
That's the Elmer's Glue All
" polyvinyl acetate "
All the white glues and yellow wood glues are PVA or PVAc , the c being a compound monomer with a vinyl alcohol mixed with the vinyl acetate ( yes , I know , eye glaze )

this is good stuff , dries completely clear and higher adhesion on plastic over Elmer's ,
https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...t=2&u=0&pg=2&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber_a&so=d&e=0
It is also a PVAc
Thank you for explaining :)

Back