Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress Enola Gay

TimM63

Glue Member
This is on the bench. I have been wanting to build this one for a while now. I have all the markings for the Enola Gay.
Pulling it out of my stash I gained half my closet back. This is a big airplane.

Screenshot (6).png

It's a fun model, and still a very good model of the Superfort. It's funny to see the kit for sale on the second-hand market for a hundred dollars or more. I look forward to seeing your build on this one!

I have the same kit in waiting, thinking of doing mine as Bockscar.
I'll be following closely...........
security watching GIF

She's gonna be a big bird in 1/48 scale. I remember building the old 1/48 scale B-36 Peacemaker kit as a kid. I also built the B-52 Statofortress kit too. I don't recall seeing the Superfortress kit as a kid. Maybe I did but chose the Peacemaker instead because of the backasswards propeller placement of the Peacemaker bomber. LOL!

She's gonna be a big bird in 1/48 scale. I remember building the old 1/48 scale B-36 Peacemaker kit as a kid. I also built the B-52 Statofortress kit too. I don't recall seeing the Superfortress kit as a kid. Maybe I did but chose the Peacemaker instead because of the backasswards propeller placement of the Peacemaker bomber. LOL!
Must have been huge:cool:

20240417_192443.jpg

Did you break a propeller or do they need assembly?
Funny the picture on the box I have is the same but has the Revell logo.

The propeller is broken. It came out of the box that way. But for some reason I have 8 propellers in the box so I'm good.

Actually, that B-36 is 1/72. There wasnt a 1/48 until HpH did theirs a few years ago.

Honestly dont know why no one has come forth with a new mold in 1/48 on the 29. Im sure it would be a hit. But this one is still a good kit. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back