Prolific modeller new to this site.

Bunker45

Hi all. Steve here. I live in the North East of England. I have been building/painting, and weathering models for about thirty years or more. My main interest, is late war German machines, especially Self Propelled Guns. I also like to scratchbuilt Sci Fi/Post Apocolyptic models. If I can fathom out how to attach photos, I will post what I can. I'm not very 'tech'.

Hi all. Steve here. I live in the North East of England. I have been building/painting, and weathering models for about thirty years or more. My main interest, is late war German machines, especially Self Propelled Guns. I also like to scratchbuilt Sci Fi/Post Apocolyptic models. If I can fathom out how to attach photos, I will post what I can. I'm not very 'tech'.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Great place for a few laughs and loads of advice. I'm in the UK as well. When you get the hang of posting photos we hope to see plenty. Also look out for the group builds, great fun with no pressure to build. Pantherman

Hi and welcome to the forum. Great place for a few laughs and loads of advice. I'm in the UK as well. When you get the hang of posting photos we hope to see plenty. Also look out for the group builds, great fun with no pressure to build. Pantherman
Hi. Thanks for that. As far as the tech side goes, I am a real dinosaur, but I hope I can get the hang of it all. Could be a while. What sort of models are you into?

Hi and welcome to the madness. There are a couple of ways to add images to a post.
A) Click the picture icon and drag and drop, or
B) Click the attach file and select the pic you want.

Screenshot (11).png

Welcome Aboard !

You can upload photos directly to the site ,
just click on the framed picture icon between the chain link and smiley icons and follow the prompts -- " click here " to load straight from your device or the chain link to insert an image address for something out there on the net

Hi. Many thanks for the info. Cheers.
Hi. Tim. I think I have managed to post four images to site, and put you user name in to do so. Apart from Using my IPad for EBay and Goggle/Pinterest, I am pretty much clueless with online stuff. I don't even know if my pics are through, or, because I put your name in, is it only you who receives them, if at all?….

Hi. Tim. I think I have managed to post four images to site, and put you user name in to do so. Apart from Using my IPad for EBay and Goggle/Pinterest, I am pretty much clueless with online stuff. I don't even know if my pics are through, or, because I put your name in, is it only you who receives them, if at all?….
Your images came through as a Private Message.
I posted them here: https://www.scalemodeladdict.com/th...ker45-latest-panther-painted-weathered.15697/

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for that. As far as the tech side goes, I am a real dinosaur, but I hope I can get the hang of it all. Could be a while. What sort of models are you into?
Well I started about 3 years ago and was mainly German armour, which I still love doing. But I have had so much fun doing group builds on all manor of topics that's really expanded my build skills.

Nowhere near as good as most of the members here but I'm definitely improving with every build.

Main thing is not getting to obsessed with the build, just have fun with it. When the fun stops, the build goes on the shelf of doom. Pantherman

Well I started about 3 years ago and was mainly German armour, which I still love doing. But I have had so much fun doing group builds on all manor of topics that's really expanded my build skills.

Nowhere near as good as most of the members here but I'm definitely improving with every build.

Main thing is not getting to obsessed with the build, just have fun with it. When the fun stops, the build goes on the shelf of doom. Pantherman
Hi. Dead right not being obsessed with the build. To be honest, I'm not keen on building models, which is why I always hope to find already built stuff, which I always seem to do as needed. My 'forte' is the painting and weathering. Also, one reason I love doing very late war German tanks/SPGS, is because out of desperation, some great improvised German vehicles appeared, and it's that sort of anything goes thing I like. I'm happy to take the turret off a tank, and put on a flak gun, or make an ammunition carrier, whatever. And if the camo's not authentic, who cares. If it looks right, for me, it is right. Sorry to waffle on, but we have common ground, and it's nice to talk about likes and dislikes. How do feel about nuts and bolts authenticity?

Hi. Dead right not being obsessed with the build. To be honest, I'm not keen on building models, which is why I always hope to find already built stuff, which I always seem to do as needed. My 'forte' is the painting and weathering. Also, one reason I love doing very late war German tanks/SPGS, is because out of desperation, some great improvised German vehicles appeared, and it's that sort of anything goes thing I like. I'm happy to take the turret off a tank, and put on a flak gun, or make an ammunition carrier, whatever. And if the camo's not authentic, who cares. If it looks right, for me, it is right. Sorry to waffle on, but we have common ground, and it's nice to talk about likes and dislikes. How do feel about nuts and bolts authenticity?
Sometimes I like to get it reasonably close to how it should be then other times I just have a bit of fun with it. Pantherman 20221008_212702.jpg20221008_212825.jpg20221010_202219.jpg

Welcome Aboard !

You can upload photos directly to the site ,
just click on the framed picture icon between the chain link and smiley icons and follow the prompts -- " click here " to load straight from your device or the chain link to insert an image address for something out there on the net
Thanks for that. Nice to be onboard.

Sometimes I like to get it reasonably close to how it should be then other times I just have a bit of fun with it. Pantherman View attachment 121824View attachment 121825View attachment 121826
Sometimes I like to get it reasonably close to how it should be then other times I just have a bit of fun with it. Pantherman View attachment 121824View attachment 121825View attachment 121826
Pink isn't my favourite colour, but it looks good on that Panther.

Welcome to the Herd, Steve! I look forward to seeing more of your builds!
Best regards,
Brad

Welcome to the Herd, Steve! I look forward to seeing more of your builds!
Best regards,
Brad
Hi Brad. Many thanks for the message. I have loads of photos(500+), of my past builds. Think I would swamp the site if I sent them all together. I'll bide my time. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back