Remembering a Hero

I have done two of the 1/48 Phantoms and am working on a 3rd right now.

I have never and will never use every stencil decal. The only time the real thing had all of those is from the factory. Once they they saw service and had to go to the paint shop, the majority of them went bye bye.

As for the Eduard stuff, I dont think it will fit too well. I had to hunt down the Academy set for the one I am doing now

20171230_180338.jpg

20220705_230037.jpg

I have done two of the 1/48 Phantoms and am working on a 3rd right now.

I have never and will never use every stencil decal. The only time the real thing had all of those is from the factory. Once they they saw service and had to go to the paint shop, the majority of them went bye bye.

As for the Eduard stuff, I dont think it will fit too well. I had to hunt down the Academy set for the one I am doing now

View attachment 120750

View attachment 120751
Those are very nice looking builds. That's good to know about the decals, thanks.
Even though the PE parts are for Hasagawa, with a little modification they seem to be fitting OK, it's just getting them to adhear to that type of plastic.

All staged up and ready to go.
I was able to finish the instrument panels (what a huge pain in the @$$!). If these panels won't work I'll use the other set as this kit has two sprue with the same call numbers.

20240725_013529.jpg

20240725_013331.jpg

But, but, but, you gotta and you want to…. It'll test your patience doing them.

I know I did mine on a 1/72 scale British Phantom FGR.2 "Firebirds" kit back in August 2021. Here's the link…

https://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5666
Great looking kit!
When I was around 23+/- I built a 1/32 F-15, it took approximately 14+/- hours for the decals, and I used each one. But the 15 did not have near the amount as Col Stewart's F-4.
All of the accounts I've read about Col. Stewart was that he was a very nice man. It is such a shame he lived out the remainder of his life as a POW. :(

Latest posts

Back