Remembering a Hero

Added a couple of parts to the fuselage like the intake panels.
I just place the seats for a test fit. There is more to them still. More detail that will not be seen, but I know it's there. ;)

20240803_235057.jpg

20240803_235102.jpg

20240803_235114.jpg

Ever since I had my red memorial bracelet for an MIA serviceman I had wanted to build his aircraft, an F-4C Phantom.
I had upgraded my red bracelet and the name is slowly wearing off.
Col. Peter Joseph Stewart was report as being a POW for 25 years. His remains have since been returned home as of 2022. After 56 years he is finally laid to rest, respectfully.

"On March 15, 1966, Stewart was the pilot of a two-seater F-4C aircraft. It was the second in a flight of two on an armed reconnaissance mission over northern Vietnam. The lead aircraft spotted two vehicles as the flight approached the target area and Stewart responded he was going to strafe the trucks. The lead aircraft, while maneuvering to engage the targets, lost sight of Stewart's aircraft, but saw a bright orange explosion over the trucks. Attempts to contact Stewart's aircraft were unsuccessful. He and the flight commander, Martin Scott, were declared missing in action."

I have found a Phantom that I will use to commemorate Col. Stewart and Commander Scott.

View attachment 120024

View attachment 120025

View attachment 120026
I wish to say - 'Thank you'. As a Vet, it is nice to know, those that sacrificed the most, have not AND are not forgotten... It will be a wonderful tribute. Again, thanks -

Not sure if you've seen this before, or if you follow the fat Electrician. But it belongs here due to subject matter.

Thank you for the exhaust painting details Gary, this is going into my library of notes!

My F4-B failed delivery today, probably tomorrow. Hoping I can resist (too many projects!) until I finish the classic OpFor!

1722799959429.png

One thing I like about this kit is the fuselage is a solid part and not two halves. I'm not very good at hiding the seams.
One con is the gaps at the wing roots are larger than I expected.

Screenshot_20240805_125724_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240805_125827_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240805_125537_Gallery.jpg

Gaps like that are very unlike Tamiya, but looking at the latter pics with the camo it looks like it is all sorted.

Gaps like that are very unlike Tamiya, but looking at the latter pics with the camo it looks like it is all sorted.
True. I forgot to mention the brand is Academy.
My PBY is academy and it went together very well.
I love the Tamiya kits. Rarely any gaps, and if there are they are so minimal

Latest posts

Back