Revell P61, waiting for the hammer to fall

And after 3 coats black and 2 gloss varnish. Still a bit of touching in to do but probably my best effort to date. Pantherman

View attachment 120010
Well I'm done. Not a bad build but could do with some improvements if I ever build another one. Not as bad as all the reviews said or I'm just lucky getting an above average kit. Pantherman
20240720_181324.jpg20240720_181342.jpg20240720_181349.jpg20240720_181357.jpg20240720_181406.jpg20240720_181420.jpg20240720_181439.jpg20240720_181456.jpg

It looks good but… the main reason I don't like it are the cowls. The one on the right looks proper because it's a separate part. The left one is molded in on the boom halves and does not look correct. I would have cut off the left cowl and add a correct one so the kit as a whole looks more uniform. By no means I'm criticizing your build. It looks good.

I would have done that if I had the original Monogram Black Widow kit. But not with the Revellogram kit. The new molds looks all wrong.

Since this is the only member that has completed the dreaded Revell Black Widow kit, I've noticed no one else has posted their progress pics and whatnot. Must've met the flak hammer after all. ROFLMAO!

It looks good but… the main reason I don't like it are the cowls. The one on the right looks proper because it's a separate part. The left one is molded in on the boom halves and does not look correct. I would have cut off the left cowl and add a correct one so the kit as a whole looks more uniform. By no means I'm criticizing your build. It looks good.

I would have done that if I had the original Monogram Black Widow kit. But not with the Revellogram kit. The new molds looks all wrong.

Since this is the only member that has completed the dreaded Revell Black Widow kit, I've noticed no one else has posted their progress pics and whatnot. Must've met the flak hammer after all. ROFLMAO!
I have posted at least 2 or 3 updates. And to the best of my knowledge, all of these are the same molds.

Totally agree with you but I just wanted to build OTB for this one as it was a group build. I may in the future have another go and chop it about to get it looking right. PM

I have posted at least 2 or 3 updates. And to the best of my knowledge, all of these are the same molds.
Same molds…. old Monogram molds from 1974 that Revell acquired in the merger. That's why I won't build repops of the original old, worn out, molds. 20 plus years of using the same molds do wear out over time.

You said...if I had the original Monogram Black Widow kit. But not with the Revellogram kit." My point is those are the same kit, so why would you do it with one but not the other.

And I am well aware of how old it is and how molds degrade over time. Thats the whole point of this build. To get the latest issue and see how bad it is. Which, it is turning, isnt all that bad.

You said...if I had the original Monogram Black Widow kit. But not with the Revellogram kit." My point is those are the same kit, so why would you do it with one but not the other.

And I am well aware of how old it is and how molds degrade over time. Thats the whole point of this build. To get the latest issue and see how bad it is. Which, it is turning, isnt all that bad.
Quality of the kit. Same kit, old molds. The original Monogram kit would be more crisp. The repop kit molds isn't the same quality as the original molds of Monogram kit.

Heh… I take it the others gave up on it. I told you it is a horrible repop kit. ROFLMAO!
Not sure about the others, possibly the hammer did fall several times but I found that as long as I took my time and planned the build it went together reasonably well. I did jump forwards and back not really following the instructions which were a bit misleading at times. Overall I'm happy with the kit, it was only a cheap one so you shouldn't really expect too much. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back