Star Wars Theme Group Build

Lots of Y-Wings! Here is the one I'm building: a soft vinyl ("sofubi") Y-Wing with some resin and metal parts by Argo Nauts.
View attachment 119791
I think the Y-Wing is perhaps one of my most favourite ships outside of the X-Wing. I'm a big fan of the old X-Wing Alliance PC game (which has had a gorgeous fan-made upgrade in recent years). The Y-Wing in that game handles like a sonofabitch but when you fire link its primary guns with its ion canons it'll blow the crap out of a squad of TIE's without breaking a sweat.

This was a fairly quick build with only 9 steps with approximately 30+ pieces. It's always great building with y'all!!
Maybe the next build could be a rat rod.
Who knows what our next build will be.;) Stay tuned and, please join in with whatever it may be.

Now on to repairing our fence.. stupid tornado. :(

20240712_071146.jpg

20240712_071202.jpg

20240712_071216.jpg

20240712_071234.jpg

20240712_071247.jpg

20240712_071256.jpg

20240712_071313.jpg

This was a fairly quick build with only 9 steps with approximately 30+ pieces. It's always great building with y'all!!
Who knows what our next build will be.;) Stay tuned and, please join in with whatever it may be.

View attachment 119793

View attachment 119794

View attachment 119795

View attachment 119796

View attachment 119797

View attachment 119798

View attachment 119799
Bravo Gary! Looks sweet!!

View attachment 119793

View attachment 119794

View attachment 119795

View attachment 119796

View attachment 119797

View attachment 119798

View attachment 119799
Wow, that was a quick build. Pantherman

Great job!

The new tooling that adds the the old body from the regular MPC Tie was a great move for Round 2.

The original kit was terrible and had almost zero detail on the body. Didn't even have panel lines

View attachment 119793

View attachment 119794

View attachment 119795

View attachment 119796

View attachment 119797

View attachment 119798

View attachment 119799
Very nice, it looks like the cockpit is lit up well. Did you get the LEDs to work properly or is that just good external light source? Either way it turned out very nice and clean.

Guess I should start working on mine. I was cleaning some flashing up last night, I might have a little fight with warped pieces as The MPC Slave I I'm going to do was from 1982 and made here in the USA. But the plastic is thin enough that it shouldn't be much of a problem. Worst case I'm hoping a heat gun will fix anything.

Very nice, it looks like the cockpit is lit up well. Did you get the LEDs to work properly or is that just good external light source? Either way it turned out very nice and clean.

Guess I should start working on mine. I was cleaning some flashing up last night, I might have a little fight with warped pieces as The MPC Slave I I'm going to do was from 1982 and made here in the USA. But the plastic is thin enough that it shouldn't be much of a problem. Worst case I'm hoping a heat gun will fix anything.
Thank you. I used a micro LED and that is as good as it gets. If I was able to get 2 LEDs installed I think it would have been better.

Yiu might already know this, but I saw, on YouTube that warped pieces might be straightened by soaking in very hot water. It make them plyable to "fix".

Thank you. I used a micro LED and that is as good as it gets. If I was able to get 2 LEDs installed I think it would have been better.

Yiu might already know this, but I saw, on YouTube that warped pieces might be straightened by soaking in very hot water. It make them plyable to "fix".
That's right I have heard of that, thanks for the reminder. Also less of a chance of overheating and melting. To this point a little flex and glue has always been enough.

Latest posts

Back