Tom Daniels enthusiast ?

Larry B

Well finally after retiring for a second time I have been able to build some of the old kits I have been collecting over the years. As a kid I screwed up many of these kits, I am trying to do a bit better job this time around. All are built straight from the box, nice and simple.
dragon.jpgboot hill.jpgred baron.jpgpaddy.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! I got a pile of these myself.

One of my favorite type kits.

Rob.

Thanks Rob!
I would love to see other builds posted, modelers have done some amazing jobs with the old Tom Daniels models.

I'd like to see them myself. My pile is all boxed, but I do have several. I started the "Beer Wagon" awhile ago (The vintage when they could still call it a beer wagon) and got fairly deep with several modifications to it, but didn't complete it yet and it's all back in the box too.

Waitin'.

Rob.

I am currently finishing the last of my "show cars" kits. It's the Bathtub Buggy and so far I am happy with it. I'll post a photo when it's done here in a few days. I know it's a George Barris design but it's on my list of "try again" kits!

Oh man…. I love, love, love those Tom Daniels Design kits as a kid in the 70s. Many fond memories building those as a kid. I'm always looking for them now for another go at it. Thus far I have Paddy Wagon and The Jinx Express - currently looking for Fast Buck decals

Here's a list of Tom Daniels Design kits I've done in my youth years:

Cherry Bomb
Bad Medicine
Red Baron - I really need to get this one again
Rommel's Rod - shoulda grabbed it when they rereleased them
Vandal / Vanbulance (ambulance version of Vandal)
Tijuana Taxi - I want this one bad. It's high on my wish list
Badman
California Street Vette - bought a few years ago and built it
Rat Vega
Fast Buck
Cop Out
Ice T
S'Cool Bus - looking for this one too
Quick Silver / Bad Actor - either one is high one my wish list

Please post some photos of your builds! Several of the cars on your list are also on mine, The S'Cool Bus may be next on my list. Luckily these kits can be found on E-Bay, for a price of course!

Alright, I will. I haven't ever took any pictures of that build, but I will. The S'cool bus is a great choice! I don't actually have one, but it has been on my list for awhile and I'll grab one eventually.

Rob.

Huh!! I may have found a new genre. I'm liking these a lot

Please post some photos of your builds! Several of the cars on your list are also on mine, The S'Cool Bus may be next on my list. Luckily these kits can be found on E-Bay, for a price of course!
Heh… all of my Tom Daniels kits from my youth years are long gone. My goal is to find any Tom Daniels kits from my list, including those I never done. Some are asking stupid money on eBay.

Sometimes you can get lucky at an IPMS show, the last show I attended at Grapevine TX I found two old Tom Daniels kits. The Ice Tea & the Tarantula kits were there in one of the vendors boxes and the price was right. So far I have gone to E-Bay to find what I'm after, but your right, they are not cheap!

Beautiful cars and I jacked up my share of these as a kid.
Pie Wagon and Rat Vega are two I remember.

I have added many many Tom Daniels designs to my Koolwheelz model collection.
In case you didn't know, Koolwheelz are one sheet paper/card models that I create.
I will share some photos of those , but first...

I modified and entered two of my Koolwheelz models in a "Tooned" contest on another site..
It wasn't my first choice, but the Hemi Semi won an award, and I received a couple of Snapper kits and two (signed by Tom Daniels) prints.
Heres the contest modified Hemi Semi:
(keep in mind, the disc base is about a 4" disc)

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back