What are your other hobbies?

Oh man, table-top gaming brings back a flood of memories!

Gimme a sec....

Yeah, most were good ones! (hehe) Seriously I bought about 20 different boxed games in the 70s, I think all (definitely most) were Avalon Hill made. I could only find one person who would play them with me as a kid, but he kinda tapped out with "Squad Leader" (and I think 2 or 3 add-ons) when a 90-second turn took 6 hours to play.

Damn that was fun! I'm looking at your site now.
Scramble is a one or two player game.
Seems there is a big trend now toward solo player games, so I took the bait.

I never played any Avalon Hill games myself, but recently a friend inspired to start work on another Card & Dice game, based on WW2 Sub warfare.
He described an Avalon Hill Submarine game that he used to play.
I'm sure my game won't be anything like it, but I'm having fun with the Sub idea none the less.

He described an Avalon Hill Submarine game that he used to play.
You seem like someone better versed in "game theory" than I. But there's a clear line between fun and infuriating, simplicity and accuracy or realism. The issue is, every person has that line drawn differently.

I bought a PC which lead to a ~40 year career because of an airplane game, no shit! I became pretty serious about air combat simulators, and years later Spectrum Holobyte released "Falcon 3.0", it came with a manual that was in a damn binder. As I was reading how to control the electronic subsystems and thinking, "this is getting crazy detailed, is it overkill?" I came to a paragraph where the (RL fighter-pilot) said something like "you wanted it to be real right? this is how it works in real life".

It was in a very small way, life changing :)

Answered my last question.....
I used to do high power, service rifle. DCM/CMP competition. Go out to Camp Perry for the Nationals.

Answered my last question.....
I used to do high power, service rifle. DCM/CMP competition. Go out to Camp Perry for the Nationals.
I started in IDPA then went to 3 gun. This was when I lived in Boise, ID 2009ish

I started in IDPA then went to 3 gun. This was when I lived in Boise, ID 2009ish
I'd love to do 3 gun, not enough room around here and the politicians don't like us much. A move south will fix this.

I do still have quite a bit of old surplus ammo but I am also geared up for reloading when that runs out.

For the '06 I use IMR-4064 and 168gr Hornady B-tips.

with tweaking I get under an MOA by nailing the headspace, loads of testing (hahaha) involved to see what my Weatherby liked best.

I've not had the best of luck with either of those NATO loads. Since they consume ammo I used a 5-stage press like I do for the .44 and .357 Mags. But I think the care needed for semi-autos is akin to tuning the bolt-action; and for more volume of fire without FTF/FTE I just buy commercial for 7.62 & 5.56.

Last edited:
For 5.56 I like AA2520, great consistency and accuracy. For .30 cal either IMR4895 or Varget.

I haven't started rolling my own yet. I have everything but the powder right now. Hoping to start up this fall.

Latest posts

Back