What did you guys have for supper last night?

Good Morning to you all,
´
I´m sorry, I just come to drop a few lines, lately I´m having to put aside modelling & most of the other stuff.
´
Well, Noname, I believe that “our” Spaniard supper concept is some different to yours, in Spain most of the people takes supper @ 22 hours or so, but I take mine between 2030 hours â€" 2100 hours, and I always have a very light supper (small quantities).
´
It usually consists in one or two wineglasses of red wine, some tiny slices of cured cheese, some (small quantity) cured ham (the Spaniard version of the Italian prosciutto), two or three half-inch slices of toasted French-style bread (I add some olive oil), and some lettuce / tomatoe. Maybe I have also some yoghourt & a kiwi, or an apple, or some fresh cut pineapple.
´
Some days I just eat the yoghourt and the kiwi, or a glass of milk and fruit.
´
An old man told me one time:
• Have your breakfast like a King,
• Have your lunch as a Prince,
• And have your supper as a Beggar
´
I more or less do 5 eatings a day, and I strongly try to keep closely to what some call “Mediterranean Diet”.
´
I hope to be able to rejoin the forum more or less in the same way that before now, but I don´t know when it will be…
´
Salud!
RG

We ate at Taco Bell with My Date... although I prefer the unlimited rice from another food chain, but need to show some fineness :eek:

JMac, I like mushroom burgers. Do you have portobello as a burger?

Jelly, that all sounds good. I like the idea of eating a light supper. In our culture, yes we generally eat our biggest meal at supper. It may be because that is when people are more likely getting off work and have the time to cook and sit down and eat. Many people in the North America live a frantic life style trying to keep up with each other. food here is not taken as serious as it is in Italy and I think Spain.

I personally believe that the asian and mediterranean diet is two of the healthiest in the world.

We'll be here when things settle down for you.

Eastrock, how many people do you take along on a date?

It depends noname... sometimes there's a group date just to hang around with friends, but today its just me and a Lady Friend, just to lend an ear. Ladies love to talked ;D

I live very close to the Florida Keys, so lobster is usually available all year round.
The lobster i had the other night was on a small pizza they serve as a starter at a restaurant chain called Red Lobster. My main course was crab linguini alfredo all washed down with ice cold Guiness.

PERFECT

Gagalicious

Eastrock, ;D

The Nylon Gag, sorry, I see now you were born in the Uk. Sounds good, I've had a sea food pizza a few times before. Nice change from the usual. And we really enjoy crab once in a while when we get it. You have to know somebody who knows somebody to get it good and fresh. That is the thing about shellfish, there is soooo much flavour right out of the shell by itself.

I have several friends with boats who live in Key Largo, in april they have what is known as 'mini season' which lasts for 48 hours when you can legally catch 6 per person on your boat i think it is. So, april is a good time to have friends with boats in florida. Fresh as can be, lobster tails on the B.B & Q with melted butter, it don't get much better than that (if you like seafood) i recommend everybody tries it once in there lives.

Gag Vader

Sounds yummy. To be honest, I think anything with lobster is going to be good.

noname said:
JMac, I like mushroom burgers. Do you have portobello as a burger?

I have had a portobello burger in the past, yummy, but this was a beef burger with mushroom slices on top.

I will jump in:

Yesterday I had a beef bento box:

Teriyaki beef
steamed rice
Kim Chi
Fish cakes
California rolls
Miso soup
Sushi
sashimi

The sushi and sashimi were a mixture of Salmon, Tuna, white tail and mackerel.

Grendels said:
I will jump in:

Yesterday I had a beef bento box:

Teriyaki beef
steamed rice
Kim Chi
Fish cakes
California rolls
Miso soup
Sushi
sashimi

The sushi and sashimi were a mixture of Salmon, Tuna, white tail and mackerel.

You were eating good, although I've never heard of a "beef bento box" before.

Bento is the way to go. The amount of food that comes in a bento box is amazing. The Japanese can get really creative with their Bento for kids as well. My stepdaughter has some books on the subject. I should stop looking at the pictures and actually try to make some for her. ;D

Steak; new york strip, pan fried with butter. A1 steak sauce on top, a side dish of garlic rice, and big slices of tomatoes. Washed down with a tall cool glass of heineken. For desert, Reece's butter cup.

SoarinSukhoi, Fork Virus...glad to see you guys are eating good. I hope you cleaned your plate!

Grendels, I had a feeling it was something like that. Certainly don't have any Japanese places where I live. But I've had authentic Japanese food and I am in awe of them. They can make something soo tastey and healthy with so few ingredients.

What we do have around here is fresh lobster right off the boat. And I just ate abunch of it. ;D

Quaralane: I can't eat anything like that. I will get sick if I eat anything with preservatives in it. So most fast food is out of the question.

Tonight's dinner: Jambalaya with apple pie for desert. All homemade.

Mmmm, Caesar salad, Chicken Cordon Swiss (hand-made), stuffed baked potato, steamed veggies, and a tiny slice of caramel cheesecake. Had a meeting at a pretty fine restaurant after work tonight!

Glad you guys are eating good. Food should be more than a means of survival.

I'm with Grendels on the homemade is better idea. Sometimes you can get a good meal out but I've been disappointed too often after paying what I felt was too much. But then again it is a treat to not have to cook something once in a while. :D

Latest posts

Back