What did you guys have for supper last night?

More than I'd usually eat, but it was a birthday celebration for a friend, his lady friend arranged it, at a local Italian restaurant, where they are regulars.

We had antipasti, including grilled eggplant, mozzarella, prosciuto and cured beef, mushrooms, bruschetta, calamari (done just right, you could actually bite through it; cook it too long, it's rubber).

For dinner, I ordered chicken cacciatore, over rigatoni. Others had orichetti in a white sauce, there was grilled salmon, ravioli, homemade fusili, and a bunch of other things I missed.

Homemade Italian pastries for dessert, and of course, lots of wine, and good coffee.

My insides are still cussin' at me, I don't usually eat so rich at the end of the day (see Jelly's previous post for the very wise advice handed down from previous generations).

At the end of the day, it's usually not too much, and it differs between summer and winter. In the summer, it's 2 glasses of beer, some bread and cheese, in my beer garden, while I listen to the Phillies games on the radio (after a 25-mile bike ride). In the winter, it's black tea with honey, and some toast (that's how I use up bread that has started to get moldy. When the first spot appears, it goes in the fridge and is used for toasting).

Baron, it sounds like you had a very good meal. And if you are with good company, all the better. You are right about the calamari.

I usually put honey in my tea as well. I also really like it on my toast with some butter. Sometimes I'll even put honey and tahini on toast together .

I'm glad you don't waste bread too, I hate wasting food. :mad: For one it's too expensive, and for another, our culture generally wastes too much of it as it is..

I'm having a true Southern meal tonight. Cornbread, green beans cooked with potatoes and onion and pinto beans.

CT, that is a healthy meal too. You probably won't feel like rolling around on the floor and going to sleep when you are done eating. ;D

Latest posts

Back