What was your car growing up (high school car)

my car in high school...

a Septa bus and the Subway :D

I did not have a car in high school. Living in Philly I could get anywhere I needed to with public transportation, walking, or riding my bike

but if I had a drivers license and could buy a car then, I would have gone for something like this

View attachment 124102

and I would have been wearing my black Members Only jacket

View attachment 124104

Unless I was wearing my denim jacket that I painted the Number of the Beast cover on the back of

If you could not tell, I grew up in the early 80s and high school was mid 80s
Heh…I graduated from high school in '83. So yeah, I definitely can tell. LOL! Painted on back of denim jackets were the rage then. Some had Van Halen's Jump album cover on back. I always wanted mine done but with The Police's Zenyatta Mondatta album cover.

A few notable huge concerts in my high school years at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. Never went to any of them. I didn't have access in knowing who's performing in Syracuse then.

The Rolling Stones
The Police Synchronicity Tour
Rush
Genesis

Heh…I graduated from high school in '83. So yeah, I definitely can tell. LOL! Painted on back of denim jackets were the rage then. Some had Van Halen's Jump album cover on back. I always wanted mine done but with The Police's Zenyatta Mondatta album cover.

A few notable huge concerts in my high school years at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. Never went to any of them. I didn't have access in knowing who's performing in Syracuse then.

The Rolling Stones
Rush
Genesis
Graduated in 83 as well, had just discovered my fav band Rush listening to by-tor and the snow dog

my car in high school...

I did not have a car in high school. Living in Philly I could get anywhere I needed to with public transportation, walking, or riding my bike

but if I had a drivers license and could buy a car then, I would have gone for something like this

View attachment 124102

View attachment 124104

Unless I was wearing my denim jacket that I painted the Number of the Beast cover on the back of

monte carlo that year was a sweet ride.

The Rolling Stones
Rush
Genesis

My first "arena" show was Van Halen in 1985 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Sammy Hagar had just replaced Dave. Bachman Turner Overdive was opening for them. A number of people had made up F**k Dave signs

I would have seen the Ozzy and Motley Crue tour earlier that year and that would have been my first major concert, but could not get my parents permission at the time. had really badly wanted to go

My first "arena" show was Van Halen in 1985 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Sammy Hagar had just replaced Dave. Bachman Turner Overdive was opening for them. A number of people had made up F**k Dave signs

I would have seen the Ozzy and Motley Crue tour earlier that year and that would have been my first major concert, but could not get my parents permission at the time. had really badly wanted to go
Ha! Saw Van Hagar on that tour too!!
It was in New Haven Coliseum, while they were filming Live, Without A Net. My buddy and I are in it for a few seconds.

th-1281382494~2.jpg

i saw motley crew and saw the upside down drum solo using the forklift, great show.

If we've devolved into music - I was stationed in the US Army 30 miles from Munich when the Olympic Hall was "The" concert tour location for bands. The Army used to provide discounted tickets and bus rides to Olympic Hall from our Kaserne. I saw most every popular rock band from the early 70's - Doors, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, Eric Clapton, Moody Blues, Procul Harum - pretty much a concert every month or two - great duty station.

Did you get hit, or did you run out of road?;)
Nope some jack a__ __ plowed into it at the store when I was shopping. Took out my truck and 4 other cars. He walked away unharmed. cops figure he was hitting 60-70 in the parking lot when he hit. Cops picked him up about 2 hours later passed out in a park.

Nope some jack a__ __ plowed into it at the store when I was shopping. Took out my truck and 4 other cars. He walked away unharmed. cops figure he was hitting 60-70 in the parking lot when he hit. Cops picked him up about 2 hours later passed out in a park.
Ah, the demon alcohol.....

I had two cars in high school. First a 1974 Mustang II that I bought for $350 in 1986. When I graduated in 1987 I bought a 1982 Toyota Celica. I looooved that car.

my car in high school...

View attachment 124102

View attachment 124104

That looks like a Buick Grand National. Those were sweet cars.

Why do I have visions of mullett hairstyles?

Well... Mama woulda never allowed no mullets and if she did, when that got caught in a hay bailer, Daddy wouldn'ta done nothin', just laughed at ya', so we didn't go that route. We heard of 'em, just didn't see none.

I will tell y'all this, there was ALOTTA this type stuff I did with that old car...

She certainly was a ball. At 6 miles to the gallon. It looked like the ass end was on fire many a time.

Rob.

Well... Mama woulda never allowed no mullets and if she did, when that got caught in a hay bailer, Daddy wouldn'ta done nothin', just laughed at ya', so we didn't go that route. We heard of 'em, just didn't see none.

I will tell y'all this, there was ALOTTA this type stuff I did with that old car...

She certainly was a ball. At 6 miles to the gallon. It looked like the ass end was on fire many a time.

Rob.

How did I know........?
I would love to get my hands on a Z28 Camaro or a Firebird, late '70's early '80's.

Latest posts

Back