1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Me too!

Seriously. Thanks for watching. I have the shuttle primered so I'll set that aside for now. I do a painting session once the garage loft cools down a bit - insanely hot up there right now.

In the meantime I am starting to cleanup and assemble figures. I have about 30minutes experience with 1/35 scale figures and have never ever painted one. The cleanup alone is proving to be a challenge. Not complaining though - it's fun. Not too many Star Wars dioramas around in this scale.

Had a few nights this week to continue on this build.

First up, the tail lights on the shuttle. Styrene tube and Googlie eyes.
2507.jpg

Detached the wings in preparation for sandwiching.
2508.jpg

Starting assembling the Miniart figure set:
2509.jpg

Also working on what will be a Rebel Fleet Trooper. Left side is original German soldier, right is after filing - time to break out the Aves.
2510.jpg

;D

Scotty is still on Fire.....

Keep up the good work!

What about that firebird? Could look cool in a star wars paint job ?? LoL if that helps you finish it?

Nice looking figs there.
And a creative solution for the tail lights as well

Thanks guys.

I'll get back to that Firebird sooner or later. Just lost interest that's all. Story of my life.

looking great. Nice to see you back in action with the sci fi genre. Are you using scale drawings to get the correct dimensions for the shuttle or did you just eyeball it?

Thanks.

I have the Triliance 1/72 shuttle and scaled that up to make my own plans.

SCOTT,

This is lookin' SoooWeet ! I dig how you converting th Figures ! I'm not sure if They make U.S. WWII Navel figures in 1/35th but They seem to have th same Styled Helmet as th Rebel Doode !! ;D

helmettalker1.jpg

helmettalker2.jpg

Warriors or either Hornet may make the Heads with th Helmets ? Also the Guys that piloted the Landing Craft on D-Day wore th same style helmet ...
Didn't know if this would help ? Looks similar yes ??

Thanks.

Yes, the Rebel Fleet Trooper's helmet began as a US Navy Mk II talker helmet.

I'm gonna look for some heads. If you find some please post a link. Thanks.

Had no luck with Hornet heads...looks like I'll have to try sculpting it.

Amazing Detail And Scratch Building Scott!!! Looking Killer!!!

Keep up the good work Scott. I like what you did with the googlie eyes. I need to get out and buy some of these handy little bits n pieces for my own experiments. ;)

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks.

Yes, the Rebel Fleet Trooper's helmet began as a US Navy Mk II talker helmet.

I'm gonna look for some heads. If you find some please post a link. Thanks.

Had no luck with Hornet heads...looks like I'll have to try sculpting it.

HEY SCOTT ,

It looks like you may be outta luck as far as a Ready Made Head with Helmet goes. You may have to call on AVES !
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208/thread/1310966589/Figures+with+the+Mk+II++Naval+Flak+Helmet+-

Looking for some opinions -

I am going to model one of the wings very damaged. Going to have the crew removing the busted wing. I need a crane. Don't want to model an entire hangar with a roof etc...so I need to build a small portable crane.

I've Googled some ideas - what do you think about these? - I'll paint it to match the personal transport a bit and StarWars it up a little.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cool! Thanks. 2 opinions that match my gut feeling are all I need. I just threw that middle on in there just to throw things off. LOL.

Now to make a plan and build it! I think it needs a droid slot.

I'm loving the fact that with this build I can jump from X-Wing to figures to these small scratchbuilds. Keeping me very interested.

- - You gotta love it when the crane company posts pdf spec sheets that include vector profile drawings with dimensions!

Given the setting Scott, I'd be tempted to build a sort of anti gravity or magnetic thrust (whatever that is) type of unit. Futuristic, but still recognizable as a lifting device. I don't know that a 20th century looking crane would be used or fit in with your diorama. If I had your skills, I'd scratchbuild a purley imaginary, futuristic lifting device. 8)

Latest posts

Back