1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

My vote goes for corran horn (have you read I Jedi?) you could make a little lightsabre and have whistler his r2 unit (green) next to him!

Scott Girvan said:
I've narrowed down a list of the pilot figures I might attempt. So far Jaina is the only one for sure...although if I can model a sullustan female face I'll put that head on the other female body I have.
Kral Nevil - Quarren Male
Leth Liav - Sullustan Female
Lensi - Duros Male
Corran Horn - Male
Jaina Solo - Female

According to wookipedia they all served in Rogue Squadron at the same time period.

Dont forget Lt. Kettch, the Ewok :))

[attachment deleted by admin]

Scott Girvan said:
Note the part outlined in red..that scribed part. For some, a small detail...for me; a big deal. I tried to scribe it but that's beyond my current level of patience. Tried rolling out some thin Aves and making an impression with the rear kit part that has the detail....to thin.

I have found someting else. Why not try a Bottle Cap. Just regard THIS on my Pepsi Bottle:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Great idea CPO - a bottle cap! Gotta look for one....found it!

Lt. Kettch - gotta look into that now.

John...pretty sure Corran will make an apprearance! ;) - Haven't read any of the books, just wookipedia.

Scott Girvan said:
Great idea CPO - a bottle cap! Gotta look for one....found it!

Lt. Kettch - gotta look into that now.

John...pretty sure Corran will make an apprearance! ;) - Haven't read any of the books, just wookipedia.

Yup Yup, Commander!! ^^

According to wookipedia Lt. Kettch wasn't for real...not with Rogue Squadron at least.

As for Corran...he'll be there in his green flight suit.

Glad to hear Corran's in there! And if you ever fancy picking up a star wars novel I started with I Jedi and it has got me hooked on the rest!

how about making a mold of the other half and casting it in resin. prob a pain in butt todo tough

Scott Girvan said:
According to wookipedia Lt. Kettch wasn't for real...not with Rogue Squadron at least.

THATS the Joke about it :)) You really should read the books ^^

Igard said:
Bottle cap! It's so simple! ;D Genius idea, Chief!

Thanks. I used them for my scratchbuild Spacestation. Ok, not a space station, more a scratchbuild training area :)

It worked! I don't have pics yet but it worked.

I ended up using the cap off of a $1store bottle of craft paint. I cut the top off then put it in boiling water for a bit to take the hard curve out of it. Then using the dremel with a round grinding stone I thinned the walls down to the point that I can see through them - paper thin.

I haven't glued it on yet but I'm sure a bit of CA will do the trick.

AWESOME! Thank you. 3 more to do.

Scott Girvan said:
It worked! I don't have pics yet but it worked.

I ended up using the cap off of a $1store bottle of craft paint. I cut the top off then put it in boiling water for a bit to take the hard curve out of it. Then using the dremel with a round grinding stone I thinned the walls down to the point that I can see through them - paper thin.

I haven't glued it on yet but I'm sure a bit of CA will do the trick.

AWESOME! Thank you. 3 more to do.

YW. Im looking forward to your pictures :)

Here's the step by step:

3365.jpg

Using craft paint top. Using that tool in the dremel and glasses! Safety 5th. Flying hot plastic not good for the eyes.

I'm just grinding it thin...then cut the top off and finish it up. Once I get it see thru thin I can cut it to size with a pair of scissors. Piece of cake! Just gotta go really slow and light with the grinder once you start to get it down.

I have the pieces well under 1mm, closer to 1/3 of a mm I would say.

If you have QUICKTIME installed here's a quick video of the grinding: http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/file_download/8/zing.MOV - it's only about 650kb.

Oh yes!! Sweet!! And yeah....the glasses help!!! Tough to model when you can't see!!! :p

Carry on!!! ;)

Be careful with that grinder, though. Looks like it tried to jump on you.
Nice little fix to your problem

Latest posts

Back