1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Thanks for the comments. Great motivation.

A bit more tonight.

3375.jpg

Next up are the details on the bottom cans and then I tackle the gear bays and landing gear.

Awesome, Scott. Awesome. It's like you said, not too much and not too little piping on that engine. Just right. ;)

Thanks guys...I really appreciate the feedback. Honestly looking forward to painting this thing...still a good 30-40 hours of build left.

This is insaaaanne!!! cant wait to see this primered! No pressure, just keep on chugging!

Thank you friends. You're a great bunch of guys. I appreciate the comments.

Thats looking very cool Scott :)...some nice scratcherizing !!..look forward to the paint .

Chris.

You keep amazing me Scott, with your attention to all the tiny details and stuff.
I know how you must get.....IN THE ZONE...Ya get in there, and working on it, and next thing you know, it's 12 hours later, and you've almost finished one engine! :)
I love getting in that creative zone, where time flows differently.
I am looking forward to seeing this monster done......but until then.....RED FIVE STANDING BY!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Awesome progress since my last visiting this topic, Scott! The scratchbuilding is a top notch,it is really giving a lot to the look of the engine and wings. Keep it up buddy! ;)

Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

Let's get things in perspective. Forced perspective.

I've been wanting to try this for years - a forced perspective diorama. After reading about Rogue Squadron and all the ships that make it I think now is the time to try it. A hangar with open blast doors revealing another hangar behind it...and then again.

I've tried a quick test. The relative distances are not correct in the test. I have worked out the math though and have the relative distances required so that 1/35 > 1/48 > 1/72 > 1/95 works.

In this test I have setup 4 models in those scales. Xwing, Awing, Awing (which will get swapped out for a Y-wing) and Bwing. With repetitive elements such as the droids, figures and the shuttle along with hangar elements such as pipes I think I can pull it off. I will also force the panel lines of the floor and pipes on the wall to receed towards the false horizon including the floor elevating as it receeds.

So yeah, big project - lots of work but if I can get it right, big satisfaction.

Here are two test pics. The fake and the reveal.

3377.jpg

3378.jpg

oh that a pretty cool idea, It will be a bit of a nightmare but if you think you can do it then i wish you LOTSA luck cos youll need it ;D

Latest posts

Back