1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

SCOTT,

Nice save on th Canopy ! Looks like it belongs there ! I'm lookin' forward to th scheme !

Magnificent job and idea looking forward to seeing more.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thanks alot guys. It's like I have a support group here, lol. Appreciated.

Brown box just arrived with these:

hasegawa_1_48_ground_crew_b.jpg

41XqCiadOSL._SL500_.jpg

Now...for a 1/48 droid......or 3

I have one from the 1/43 Xwing kit....it should work and I'll cast it. I think I could scratch build some pretty easily too.

Scott Girvan said:
I have one from the 1/43 Xwing kit....it should work and I'll cast it. I think I could scratch build some pretty easily too.

Oh yeah, I remember that little guy from your X-wings' buildup videos. What was it now?...Oh yeah R2Dcrap. LOL ;D

Thanks!

Still working on this project. Currently assembling another member of the supporting cast. Photos a bit later this week.

I'd like to run an idea by you. What if the 1/35 part of this dio was outside...and the rest was inside...like a secret jungle /forest base type thing...and in the mountain an open blast door revealing the rest of the scene?

Definitely an idea that could work, Scott.
And would explain the 'shadow box' in context to the scene

Scott Girvan said:
I'd like to run an idea by you. What if the 1/35 part of this dio was outside...and the rest was inside...like a secret jungle /forest base type thing...and in the mountain an open blast door revealing the rest of the scene?

Intriguing. I'd like to see this happen and it makes sense.

Hmmm. Thanks for the opinions.

Yeah, just trying to justify the forced perspective a bit, incorporate more 'traditional' ground work into a StarWars dio and do something different than a standard hangar scene.

I'm thinking it's very plausible that the Rebels housed some of their equipment outdoors...and like it was stated earlier...they have a thing for bunkers in the side of a mountain.

Scott Girvan said:
What if the 1/35 part of this dio was outside...and the rest was inside...like a secret jungle /forest base type thing...and in the mountain an open blast door revealing the rest of the scene?

...and there was a huge waterfall with a pump and the water really circulated. And there was a huge sea creature swimming in the spray at the bottom of this, like, 3 foot scale waterfall. Then there was a lookout tower on top of the foliage covered mountain and over the horizon there were 3 star destroyers in orbit. Then at the back of the bunker there was a platoon of 7 scouts on speeder bikes but! they didn't see the tride of Ewoks that lye waiting in ambush. Behind a few feet off trees there was a junk yard of old ships from the clone wars that are all rusted up and there is a ton of wierd 'star wars' rats living amongst them.

But I wouldn't want to get carried away! I've seen some builds where people just keep adding stuff to it and keep adding stuff...and they don't seem to finish...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

LOL!! I think it's a great idea Scott. Would certainly help sell the forced perspective. However you decide to proceed with this, one thing's for sure, It is going to be very cool!!

Cool. Thanks! I'm still having a pile of fun.

Sitting here debating if I should add a 144 Falcon waaaay at the back of this...making it 35, 48, 72, 144.

I know, I know...

Scott Girvan said:
Cool. Thanks! I'm still having a pile of fun.

Sitting here debating if I should add a 144 Falcon waaaay at the back of this...making it 35, 48, 72, 144.

I know, I know...

Well at least you could build the falcon for the group build.....

True. I'll be building my MPC for that though...I'll run both builds at the same time and when interest wanes on one I switch over to the other.

Although a 144 Falcon would be cool in this dio seems a bit of a waste to have such an expensive kit sitting in near obscurity 3 hangars deep...Maybe a Revell Pocket kit (1/256?) or the slightly larger Falcon from the Rebel Base kit...I have that one here.

++++++++++++

After a coffee I checked out the Rebel Base Falcon. It should work alright. A bit small perhaps - but it's here.

Unless someone wants to 'donate' a FineMolds 144 Falcon. ;) ;)

LOL! You just keep getting deeper and deeper, Scott!

Literally, now that you're digging into a mountain! ;D

Latest posts

Back