1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Igard said:
There's an X-Wing in this build?

Looking forward to this, Scott. ;D

LOL - exactly which one I'll be working on next is yet to be determined.

fumblethumbs said:
This project gets better and better! Scott, I'm pretty sure you are aware of the Kamloopian and his works yeah? Might help you with the outdoor scenery. Keep it rolling along bro!!

Oh yeah. His vids were the first scale modeling videos I discovered and what led me to start this up. A real master Steve is.

Nothing too earth shattering to report other than a completed Fine Molds Y-Wing kit. What a beautifully engineered kit. Not a seam. Just superb.

3388.jpg

So that makes 2 ready for paint. Well, I still have to take the saw to the canopy and open this baby up, but other than that, ready for paint.

It's all new to me, Scott. Really nice. I've noted that one as a future kit for my rather pitiful stash.

Yes Scott, that Y-wing looks really good!
Much better than the old old MPC? kit I have.
Whats the size of the FM?

It's an A M A Z I N G kit. Really. And they didn't pay me to say that. LOL.

1/72. The detail is incredible. I'll be painting it in a future SMA vid and you'll see lots of the tiny plumbing detail then. Really, really awesome.

Decided to work on the AMT X-wing. About 1/4 done already. It is quite a contrast to the Fine Molds Y-Wing.... I don't want to totally redo it (the AMT X) but man, some stuff is just sooo bad. The front landing gear strut is just awful. But, I'll fix what needs fixing and keep it as OOB as I can....Still have a resin B-wing and Fine Molds Falcon (not to mention the 35X).

Still, I haven't stalled yet. That, IMO, is thanks to you.

Nice to see you've done the FM Y-Wing.... And you are right.... Neat little kit!

Same as all their SW stuff.... Well engineered!

Looking forward to see you paint that puppy! I have 2 built and one in the breach....

Take care!

That Y wing does look good, Scott.
Superb engineering on it to hide the seams.

YWING! everytime i see one i get soo excited but i also get stressed cuz it was a MONSTER of a build on my studio scale one. please make a vid on the paint up. speaking of that my Iwata air compresor just died 15 minutes ago. anguish.

punkpigpen said:
YWING! everytime i see one i get soo excited but i also get stressed cuz it was a MONSTER of a build on my studio scale one. please make a vid on the paint up. speaking of that my Iwata air compresor just died 15 minutes ago. anguish.

Time for new one! Buddy!

ha ha i didnt waste a second. i ordered a new sprint jet with monies i didnt have. thank you Visa. I was just finishing this 1/24 A-Wing when it happened.

Actually Im doing one at a beautiful gallery in Philadeplhia in late Spring of 2012 with friend Jason Eaton. Its a big studio scale Star Wars prop and ship show. All models built or scratchbuilt by us and a couple of others. We also may have some suprise guests!!!

punkpigpen said:
Actually Im doing one at a beautiful gallery in Philadeplhia in late Spring of 2012 with friend Jason Eaton. Its a big studio scale Star Wars prop and ship show. All models built or scratchbuilt by us and a couple of others. We also may have some suprise guests!!!

Awesome!!! This will be quite a show. Jason Eaton does some pretty incredible work. His scratch building is out of site!

Loving the Y-Wing Scott, just added it to my kit want list. Cant wait for the paint video!

Nice!!! I have one of these in the stash, need to build it since it has no seams. I will probably collapse with a heart attack when I build a model with no seams.

punkpigpen said:
Actually Im doing one at a beautiful gallery in Philadelphia in late Spring of 2012 with friend Jason Eaton.

That will be insane.

yeh it gunna be cool! and our own Jamaicamodels from SMA might be showing a few of his scratch builds too!

Is this thread a Minotaur´s Labyrinth ? ? ?

I´ve travelled back at least 06 pages and I haven´t detected the X-wing... is it a stealth one ? ?

Got a nice "Y" near here but the "X" ... :)

Curious phenomenon ;D ... I´ll keep an eye here... slow cooking is always good... 8)

Latest posts

Back