1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Thanks guys.

Landing gear, landing gear, landing gear. Kinda a stresser. Gotta have 3 points, correct angles, correct heights.

I've got the front strut finished. I think it's ok. Ship seems to be correct height, all the angles seem to work. Scale of actual tubing in strut, maybe a bit large..close enuff for rock and roll.

3396.jpg

3397.jpg

Now to try and get the 2 rear struts to match. I"ll add some smaller detail once I get it standing on it's own 3 feet. This is good practice for the 35X. (Note the wonky intakes, lol. Battle fatigue. LOL.)

Thank you Jesus and thanks guys for the comments.

It took about 5 hours in all but the main support of the landing gear is finished. I know have a game plan for making the ones for the 35X too.

I used the kit part base but added to it. The rest is brass and styrene, duh.

3402.jpg

Solid and level. I'll add a few details at another time. They don't affect the strength, just for show. Time for bed.

3399.jpg

3401.jpg

3403.jpg

3400.jpg

3398.jpg

SCOTT,

Rock-On !! Keepin' it movin ! Awesome job on th Landing Gear !!

This is lookin' PHAT !!

\m/

Thanks guys. Trying to squeeze some time in today to get the cockpit prepped for paint and get this thing closed up. Interior needs some work but not a whole lot. Almost done this one.

Nice work with the brass and styrene, Scott.
INFINITELY superior to the gear that comes with the old AMT kit

Thanks guys. Happy to have that part done.

Worked on the cockpit this afternoon. This is the Triliance cockpit I had bought for Red 6. I made a mold and cast myself a couple. The mold was quite dirty and my casting had some rough spots. I removed the front HUD and made a new one from styrene. Just drilled out a few holes for instruments, and added a rectangular panel. Made a seat with Aves, added a floor and control stick. Some guitar string for cables and added some things to appear as the mechanism to open the canopy. Just glued a piece of D stock upside down for the canopy to attach too.

While you won't see this in context of the hangar diorama I still enjoy the practice.

3404.jpg

3405.jpg

3406.jpg

Once again Scott, your scrathbuilding is taking this dog of a kit way up the realism meter. Great work!

Latest posts

Back