1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Hey,
Just a quick question so that I'm sure. I think I'm sure.

I'm resizing my hangar shuttle plans. I drew them in 1/72.

So to get: 1/48
I multiply by by 1.5 (72/48=1.5)

and to go from 1/72 to 1/35 I multiply by 2.05 (72/35=2.05)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Scott.

Me again.

So last night I started on an AMT X-Wing. This is going to be Coran Horn's ship. There isn't really a definitive color scheme for this AFAIK, however it is green. I've googled alot and some depict is a mostly green, others white with green stripes etc...

I leaning towards something like this:
X-Wing%20-%20Corran%20Horn.jpg

This X will be in the hangar with the 1/48 A-Wing.

My build is pretty much straight OOB. I did cast a new cockpit from a mold I made of the Triliance cockpit used in Red 6 and Red 3. Not even replacing the guns with brass. Wild.
3389.jpg

The wings, when closed, don't really want to close so I might just glue it shut and then paint. You'll never see inside anyways.
3390.jpg

One thing I might do is drill out the intakes and replace the backing with simple sheet styrene. I've inverted this image so you can see the nasty injector pin marks. They stick out about 1/32".
3391.jpg

Other than that, some guitar string in the cockpit for a bit of detail...lots of little styrene chips all over it. i am going to fashion new landing gear struts with brass tube. The kit supplied ones are pretty weak.

Later and thanks for looking.

Sounds good Scott. I like the green scheme in the pic. You must really see the quality difference between FM and AMT when you build them one right after the other eh? I must break open the piggy bank and try a FM kit!

Night and day man, night and day. I hope the difference in the level of detail isn't too apparent in the final dio.

Looks like that should do quite nicely, Scott.
Makes me wish I had a 1/48 FM kit to send you

Scott your build is fantastic I’m looking forward to seeing more of it as I also Gould like to try to make a forced perspective diorama in the future.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thanks guys! I appreciate the encouragement.

Another little brown box arrived today containing these 1:144 scale figures. Man! are they tiny!

50718_b.jpg

^ Looks like a very haphazard attempt at YMCA. ;D

Liking that colour scheme for Coran Horn! You should go with it, looks great.

That AMT kit looks like fun. ::)

As always, I'm looking forward to more!

Thats a real cool paint scheme......Only thing i dont
like is the big emblem under the canopy, that would look
cool wrapped around the nose cone weathered hard,
missing different areas of the emblem! ;D

Nice job on the Y-Wing, Scott!

Don't know if that will hepl You, but I've made a small research on the look of Corran Horn's X-Wing and the guy himself, so here is what I've found, maybe it would be of use while painting

First, several variants of Corran's fighter paint scheme (as I understand there is still no certainty of how exactly it looked)

From the book's cover (only difference is that the panels that are red on normal X-Wings are green here a I see)

X-Wing2.jpg

From the comics (with a little bit weird greenish base coat imho)

X-Wing1.jpg

A couple of modeler's visions

SAM_0951.jpg

X-Wing4.jpg

Corran's droid:

Corransr2whistler.jpg

And his green suit:

CorransFlightSuit.jpg

Waiting for more WIPs ;)

Thanks Solander. I, like you, find the comics version a bit wierd. I like that second model one.

I appreciate the reference! Should have time for more tonight!

A bit more so far tonight. I removed the back of the intakes and replace it with thin styrene. Next I chopped the wings into 4 separate pieces and glued the 2 sides together. From there I cut the appropriate size to join the 2 sides together and glued them up. Now I have to build up several layers on each side of the middle joining section so the wings sit evenly in the middle of the fuselage.

3392.jpg

Way to cut, chop and glue that sucka!

Your a brave man working with only an itty bitty cutting mat between you and that nice oak table! ;D

Brave or stupid! Not sure which.

A bit more.

I laminated that middle section. This thing's heavy...I'll need weight in the nose.

3393.jpg

Worked out good and now sits pretty much dead center. As for the ugly laminate ends...I plan to cover that with a thin piece of styrene.

3394.jpg

Works out well. I'm glad I glued the wings shut. And yes, the wings are upside down in this pic. I hope I don't glue it up that way. :)

3395.jpg

Thanks for lookin'.

Thanks Q -

Got them on eBay. Keyword 144 figure. $8 I think. There are 12 of them and should work great beside the 144 Falcon. I'll be scratchbuilding a couple 144 droids soon too. Basically a tiny piece of sprue with a rounded top, and a couple of styrene legs.

Latest posts

Back