1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Thanks guys. John, it just looked wrong - didn't it.

So on my lunch break just now I started working on some of the graphics I'll need for diagnostic systems and displays. I will scratch build some machines that will be running scans on the X-Wing.

Here's the first of several. Top image is from the movie (somewhere) and bottom is my take on it. It's layered so I can have several and change the text / levels to different values.

Thinking this with lightsheet behind it /backlit might be cool.

2485.jpg

That looks like the Death Star tractor beam to me. Remember, Ben powered it down and this was the graphic they used.

Maybe in this base, they've got some of the old Imperial tech?

Maybe.

I'm gonna use it for a generic 'systems' level check. Maybe the oil level or something. :)

More progress. This evening the 'lights'. The red brake lights on the prop have an odd shape. Mine are gonna be simply round.

My $5 word of the day: Meniscus.

I am experimenting tonight with some clear resin. Gonna try to pour it in the round tube and try to achieve Meniscus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniscus - I googled it, could also be called surface tension, not sure. I missed that day). This will give me a convex lense that I will paint clear red.

Here's a pic of tonight's work:
2486.jpg

Now those yellow things at the front (or back). Whatever they are I'm using brass and styrene tube to make em. Along with that I used the masking tape trick again to get another ring around the rosey.

Here are two photos. Do you have any idea if these things are aligned like the first or second pic? (Note that I've added a .5mm backing so that when I attach them I can get them closer to even on both sides.)

2487.jpg

2488.jpg

Scott, you must be itchy....................cause you sure are doin' a lota' scratchin'!!! ;D.

Sorry bout that.

Scott Girvan said:
Do you have any idea if these things are aligned like the first or second pic?

Sorry, I don't know for sure. I did a quick google search and this was all I came up with :- http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_052209b.htm

Looks like they're straight, like the 1st pic on that, but it's not exactly a reference photo to go by.

What do people call this thing anyway? I don't know if photos exist of the RL prop.

Cool - thanks. I didn't know there was a toy version. Yeah from what I can see on that pic and a few other obscure screen shots they are straight.

I like the panel lines they added to the toy.

Nothing like Scratchin'!!! Looking good Scott!!! ;D

Thanks all. Yeah, the Star Wars builds really get my imagination going and I love to slip into that world.

WOW SCOTT !! Off-th-Chain ! I've missed a lot from this Build !! That Transport is Gonna be PHAT !!

Great Build !!!

Recieved my EL Lightsheet kit today. Pretty kewl. Definately gonna feature this in a video soon - pretty neat stuff.

Got miniart figures from ECH too. They're gonna werk just fine. Thanks Scott!

Some very cool stuff. Can not wait to see the finished product!

Frank Blanton

Latest posts

Back