Good uses for old tamiya glue bottles

durangod

I washed the old jar out with alchohol then soap n water then thinner, soap n water again.

From time to time i do need small bottles for the shop for leftover liquids in small amounts. I dont want to contaminate another liquid or mix chemicals in case there is still glue residue in the jar. So i am considering how i can repurpose the jars.

Ideas?

That " glue " is all volatile solvent .
1/2 acetone , 1/2 butyl acetate .
No need for using paint thinner , that actually just adds something you need to remove .
Acetone and butyl acetate are both miscible in water so washing the bottle with hot water is all that's needed .
Those 2 solvents will evaporate completely all on their own too . No washing needed .

Last edited:
That " glue " is all volatile solvent .
1/2 acetone , 1/2 butyl acetate .
No need for using paint thinner , that actually just adds something you need to remove .
Acetone and butyl acetate are both miscible in water so washing the bottle with hot water is all that's needed .
Those 2 solvents will evaporate completely all on their own too . No washing needed .
So basically just leave the lid off........hehe. Pantherman

Yeah , but there will probably be some styrene contaminant in there from the brush that will not evaporate and remain .

After some thought, it might be good for water to either water down some paint quickly, or rinse off a tamiya glue brush when gluing painted parts.

If acetone or alchohol would actually losen losen superglue then that would bea good use, but in my testing they do nothing to superglue.

It would be great for wood glue for the shop for small projects. I dont think the brush would hold up to the thick wood glue, but i could change out the brush as long as the mount stem holds up.

Latest posts

Back