Good uses for old tamiya glue bottles

durangod

I washed the old jar out with alchohol then soap n water then thinner, soap n water again.

From time to time i do need small bottles for the shop for leftover liquids in small amounts. I dont want to contaminate another liquid or mix chemicals in case there is still glue residue in the jar. So i am considering how i can repurpose the jars.

Ideas?

That " glue " is all volatile solvent .
1/2 acetone , 1/2 butyl acetate .
No need for using paint thinner , that actually just adds something you need to remove .
Acetone and butyl acetate are both miscible in water so washing the bottle with hot water is all that's needed .
Those 2 solvents will evaporate completely all on their own too . No washing needed .

Last edited:
That " glue " is all volatile solvent .
1/2 acetone , 1/2 butyl acetate .
No need for using paint thinner , that actually just adds something you need to remove .
Acetone and butyl acetate are both miscible in water so washing the bottle with hot water is all that's needed .
Those 2 solvents will evaporate completely all on their own too . No washing needed .
So basically just leave the lid off........hehe. Pantherman

Yeah , but there will probably be some styrene contaminant in there from the brush that will not evaporate and remain .

After some thought, it might be good for water to either water down some paint quickly, or rinse off a tamiya glue brush when gluing painted parts.

If acetone or alchohol would actually losen losen superglue then that would be a good use, but in my testing they do nothing to superglue.

It would be great for wood glue for the shop for small projects. I dont think the brush would hold up to the thick wood glue, but i could change out the brush as long as the mount stem holds up.

Latest posts

Back