How do you know what paint to use on my model

Okay, but there's no AK...

KEY: AMMO = Ammo by Mig Jimenez (Acrylic); AV = Acrylicos Vallejo (Acrylic); GSI = Gunze Sangyo (Cxxx = Mr.Color Lacquer/Hxxx = Mr.Hobby/Aqueous Acrylic); HAT = Hataka (Axx = Acrylic/Cxx = Lacquer); LC = Lifecolor (Acrylic); MIS = Mission Models (Acrylic); MRP = Mr.Paint (xxx = Lacquer/Axxx = Acrylic); REV = Revell (32xxx = Enamel/36xxx = Acrylic); TAM = Tamiya (Xxx & XFxx = Acrylic/all others = Lacquer); TES = Testors (Enamel); XTRA = XtraColour (X = Enamel/XA = Acrylic)

EDIT:: here's the other part of the chart.

keychart001.png

That's just fine... I didn't notice that comment about the hair brush lacquers. Now have two many options to choose from... How does hair brush primer stack up against the rattle can primer price wise?

It's not so much price, they're pretty much of a much, (is that actually a saying?), it's just the fact that if you don't get on with spray primers you can always apply some with a brush.

Okay, but there's no AK...

KEY: AMMO = Ammo by Mig Jimenez (Acrylic); AV = Acrylicos Vallejo (Acrylic); GSI = Gunze Sangyo (Cxxx = Mr.Color Lacquer/Hxxx = Mr.Hobby/Aqueous Acrylic); HAT = Hataka (Axx = Acrylic/Cxx = Lacquer); LC = Lifecolor (Acrylic); MIS = Mission Models (Acrylic); MRP = Mr.Paint (xxx = Lacquer/Axxx = Acrylic); REV = Revell (32xxx = Enamel/36xxx = Acrylic); TAM = Tamiya (Xxx & XFxx = Acrylic/all others = Lacquer); TES = Testors (Enamel); XTRA = XtraColour (X = Enamel/XA = Acrylic)

EDIT:: here's the other part of the chart.

View attachment 127260
AK Interactive paint line came out a couple years ago or so. Your chart is an older conversion chart prior to AK Interactive.

I often use this chart religiously. Excellent cross reference to all paint lines out there with the exception of newer paint lines (Mission Models, AK Interactive)

https://www.paint4models.com/Paint Conversion Chart 2010-2021.pdf

*** Please note Gunze/Mr. Color 304 was formerly listed as Khaki Drab. Regardless, Olive Drab is FS34087 no matter the paint brand.

You will find multiple lines of certain Federal Standard (aka:FS) colors. All of them are correct but in different hues regardless.

Latest posts

Back