SMA What's New In Your Stash?!?

It is, he didn't think much of anything the Soviets flew, absolutely did not want to go to the "meatgrinder" Western Front.

My stash of aircraft subject are dwindling down quite a bit since I've built 12 aircrafts to date thus far. Currently working on aircraft #13. I average building a total of 11 kits per year.
For some reason my mojo for building auto kits has been non-existent for 2024.

Thank God Syrcon 36 is coming up in mid-October. I'll be stocking up on more wingy things. LOL!

For some reason my mojo for building auto kits has been non-existent for 2024.
I only speak for myself, but building 3 to 5 kits at a time helps me keep the passion/mojo going.

If I sense a fade of that desire, or more likely I start getting frustrated, I pack everything up carefully, and stow it in with the others. Then I pull out another WIP that seems interesting.

It can backfire, sometimes you pull one out to work on and then remember that frustrating bit that made you put it away. I try to say that gives you a fresh perspective to solve the issue.

You're a brave one working on 3 - 5 kits at the same time. That would be the ultimate mojo killer for me.
Maybe a little bit of perspective, and I did say it works for me but might not for everyone.

By "working on", that could include not-finished. Looking at recent items that need a little more before being declared done...

Unfinished
1/32 Corsair (need to finish the dash cover and gunsight, then add some mud/oil stain to the underside, attach antenna and wire)
1/48 Fishbed (need to finish decals, unmask canopy after clearcoat which is after decals, detail landing gear)
1/48 Spitfire (I found the antenna, so add it with wire and attach canopy)

Construction (these are what I meant about rotating around)
1/48 Lightning
1/48 Phantom-II
1/35 Bradley
1/35 M5A1 (way on the back burner, it made me angry once)
1/35 Merkava
1/24 MP4/4

On Deck (resisting the urge to add to the above category)
Three (!!!) 1/48 biplanes of Ernst Udet
1/48 F-19 Stealth

So I actually have 6 active builds, as in started gluing parts. On the Merkava, that is only a start on the two-part track links, the McLaren I've only primed some parts and assembled the engine block, the lightning and Phantom and Bradley are all in late stage assembly or paint.

Just thought you'd hop on down to the hobby store again......Pantherman
Like rabbits......
rabbit funny s GIF

Picked up another ambulance, we're moving and I'll have to leave the airfield behind. I pretty much made it a permanent fixture when I built it, so now I have an opportunity to make another one. I can pay more attention to details, and authenticity now that I've learned so much more since I started in '19.

20240904_171030.jpg

Picked up another ambulance, we're moving and I'll have to leave the airfield behind. I pretty much made it a permanent fixture when I built it, so now I have an opportunity to make another one. I can pay more attention to details, and authenticity now that I've learned so much more since I started in '19.

View attachment 123975
It's sad you have to leave the diorama behind. It's a great airfield.

These showed up today. The Beechcraft Staggerwing is a rebuild. I did one a while ago and was not happy with it so it's a redo.
I got the El Camino for the Soap Box Derby Car. JK.
I've always loved the late '60s El Caminos.

IMG_3630.jpeg

Last edited:
Any Tempest Mk.V kit is on my wish list. I recently finished the Haker Typhoon Mk.1b "Teardrop Canopy" version. I still have the "Car Door" type in my stash. The Tempest and Typhoon look similar. There is a different shape Tempest in later years.

Latest posts

Back