i got tamiya glue on my clear plastic

yes , it's only 7-1/2 cents an ounce at that amount .

What are you talking about that is 9 to 14 bucks for a 2oz bottle ?
I thought you were talking about that canopy glue and the price went thru the roof for some insane reason , but it's the same 3 bucks I paid for it years back .
I think it was 2.99 a couple years ago :
https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...u=0&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber_a&so=d&man=ZAP
Yeah i ordered same stuff but red bottle. When i first looked it up on ebay i got 9 to 14 bucks range in my results, but those were just price gougers and yeah i ordered at similar price. Thanks :)

I use Tamiya extra thin on my clear parts. It works best prior to painting but I've been doing closed canopies lately which are attached prior to painting the aircraft. For open canopies I attach the opened piece with PVA since the model is already painted and almost complete at that point. Don't want to mess up the paint with extra thin.

Won't work for that sorta thing next time either.

Rob.
Maybe the time after that LOL :) I hear if i stood on 1 foot rubbing counter clockwise while chanting "superclean superclean" to the tune of gilligans island, it might work LOL

Last edited:
when i glued my windshield in the glue ran onto the clear plastic.

Superclean does not work, should i use my plastic polish

View attachment 125820
Yeah, the glue etched the plastic. SuperClean is a degreaser, a solvent, basically, and it won't undo the chemical etching that the glue caused. Like Momo and others have said, you have to polish it out, as fine as you can get it, then use a clear acrylic to fill in the fine scratches to make the surface as smooth as possible. That will let light pass through again with as little scattering as possible.

Yeah, the glue etched the plastic. SuperClean is a degreaser, a solvent, basically, and it won't undo the chemical etching that the glue caused. Like Momo and others have said, you have to polish it out, as fine as you can get it, then use a clear acrylic to fill in the fine scratches to make the surface as smooth as possible. That will let light pass through again with as little scattering as possible.
it came pretty clean after polishing and the window frame hid the worst of it. Just a small foggy spot remained and i can live with that.

To elaborate on this original post let me explain the reasons behind it. I was so excited that the progress went from very slow to wow im almost done seemed like in a flash. Then this happened even though i thought i was being very careful.

So what is the normal reaction when something happens, STOP the damage STOP the bleeding. I panicked and squirted it with superclean as fast as possible, not realizing that the damage had already been done and i was not going to STOP anything :( I was thinking in the moment "delute delute delute". I hope that makes since.

Now that i understand that fact and things make more since now, i can learn that there is no deluting anything. Chemical damage happens faster than the blink of an eye. Much different than working with metal or wood.

I went from excited to panic mode and crashing in a hurry. I hope this explains the post and my reaction. I do sincerely thank every one of you for your replies good and bad as its all a part of learning for me.

:)

Now that i understand that fact and things make more since now, i can learn that there is no "delute delute delute" deluting anything . I hope that makes since.
Next time, try diluting while your dancing around waving your hands in the air during your superclean chant.

Maybe the "STOP the bleeding" gods will smile on you.

Still won't fix damage though. Just remove chrome paint and grease.

Rob.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Latest posts

Back